Dallas vs. NYG game thread: playoffs, here we come.

Mossyhorn

Cowboys will still win this game. Garrett and jones not gonna get it done when it counts even against this trash defense. 

That said do you really want to make the playoffs and either get knocked around by Tom Brady or have Aaron Rodgers cement you as his little puppy dog bitches? Even the games they won the defense was horrible but managed to get a few turnovers to score enough to win the game. Brady isn't going to give this defense that. 

• Fuck You 1

Cowboys will still win this game. Garrett and jones not gonna get it done when it counts even against this trash defense. 

That said do you really want to make the playoffs and either get knocked around by Tom Brady or have Aaron Rodgers cement you as his little puppy dog bitches? Even the games they won the defense was horrible but managed to get a few turnovers to score enough to win the game. Brady isn't going to give this defense that. 

I would agree if they weren’t playing the cowboys defense. They’re going to give up a huge run. Ans have some wide open receivers 15-25 yards deep running free.

Meanwhile dallas will get about 2-3 more FGs. Maybe.

Why don’t you go for two there? I mean I’ve only watched football for 50+ years. 

Yeah I’m with you. But MM would be killed for going for it and not getting it. Even though they pretty much we’d the same scores to take the lead regardless if they took the point or missed it.

2 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Why don’t you go for two there? I mean I’ve only watched football for 50+ years. 

I was thinking the same. Yadda yadda chasing points, but right now 1 point doesn't change anything, get this down to a 3 point game.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Yeah I’m with you. But MM would be killed for going for it and not getting it. Even though they pretty much we’d the same scores to take the lead regardless if they took the point or missed it.

I disagree, MM get's criticized for a not playing the situations, this is one of those cases. Going for 2 has logic to it, the XP doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I was thinking the same. Yadda yadda chasing points, but right now 1 point doesn't change anything, get this down to a 3 point game.

I disagree, MM get's criticized for a not playing the situations, this is one of those cases. Going for 2 has logic to it, the XP doesn't.

I can see both sides. Another thing to keep in mind, though, if you miss the 2p and the Giants score 7 you are now down 12 vs down 11.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Going for 2 has a different logic to it.

As @ztejas explained, another Cowboys TD and traditional PAT gives them a 3-point lead, which means the Giants couldn't take the lead with a simple FG.

True, there's not much difference between trailing by 4 points or 5 points, but there is a substantial difference between leading by 2 or 3.

It's a glass half full/half empty argument, and either answer can be correct ... but if you go for 2, be sure to call a good play.

4 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:
It was actually the right call, can’t hit a guy below the waste in that instance.  That’s as easy a call as there is to make.  

What instance is that exactly?

A receiver who is lined up outside the tackle box and coming back to make a block on the line of scrimmage.  He was in motion and got past the tight end who was also lined up on that side.   You cannot block a defender under the waste in that manner.  It’s fairly clear in the rule book.  

The two point conversion debate proves how DKR was way ahead of his time.  He wanted to surprise the Hog D in 69, by going for 2 earlier than the last few minutes of the game.  So when we scored to make it 14 to 6, at beginning of 4th quarter, he went for 2.  Boom 14-8, led to 15-14.