If you build it.... He will come.

Macanudo

On the MLB Channel right now:

My dad taught me how to hit to the cut off man, take a ball to the opposite field when at bat and just to have a catch with the old man (when he was much younger than I am now and I didnt appreciate it nearly as much as I should have.)

I miss you Dad.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I’m watching with my parents right now, and have always wanted to watch it. Visiting them and am drunk beyond belief, we are all confused if there are ghosts, or what. Somehow I always get to dunk to get this move. 

The ghosts always fucked with 7 yr old me-“do they actually disappear like that if you go to the field??”

James Earl Jones is underrated as fuck. Dude hasn’t aged one bit and still has that voice. He needs to be cloned or preserved

I'm not a guy who cries at movies, but this one get me every time.

I lost my father when I was 1 year old, so this scene always gets to me as well. There isn’t a time that I’ve seen this that I haven’t teared up. It’s also why every single time my son wants to do something with me I do it regardless of what it is or how tired I may be.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hate said:

I lost my father when I was 1 year old, so this scene always gets to me as well. There isn’t a time that I’ve seen this that I haven’t teared up. It’s also why every single time my son wants to do something with me I do it regardless of what it is or how tired I may be.

I'm doing the opposite, every time my dad calls wants to go to whatever I make the time.  Once someone has passed there isn't any second chances.  He can be frustrating sometimes but I was too as a youngster, teenager, and college student.  It's just my turn.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, landman said:

Nothing about the second half of your sentence makes a bit of sense.

Pride of The Yankees, 61*, Angels in the Outfield (the OG), Major League (the franchise, although it got progressively weaker), Bull Durham, The Final Season, League of Our Own, Hardball, Bad News Bears (franchise)...

This movie, not so much. I like For The Love of The Game better than this so you can take Costner bias out of it.

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm not a guy who cries at movies, but this one get me every time.

Every. Fucking. Time.

When it was on the other day, I didn't discover it until about 3 minutes before this line.  Didn't matter, tears came.

My 9 year old boy asked me what's wrong, and I just said "nothing, wanna go do something outside together."

Then he told me to fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

My grandpa taught me how to hit, catch and throw.  I went and saw this about a year after he passed.  It took me a few minutes to collect myself before I could leave the theater.  

I had an almost identical reaction (entirely surprising) after my grandfather's passing when I re-watched Saving Private Ryan . The very end, when the old veteran Ryan collapses at Capt Miller's grave and begs his wife to tell him he had been a good man... I fucking lost it... hell Im tearing up just typing this.   

My Grandfather was a WW2 air combat vet. He never talked about his service. we only discovered at his funeral that he had been awarded a Bronze Star with V device- both his sons (Dad & Uncle) were officers in the Army and neither of them had any fucking idea their dad had a bronze star.  i'd seen SPR 7 years before and the scene didnt impact me that much.... but holy fuck i turned into a blubbery mess watching the collapse of that actor in front of the row of American gravestones in the cemetary absolutely kicked my feels into level eleventy billion. 

• Like 1