2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

2 runners no outs turns into nothing for Texas. 2-0 LSU mid 2nd

FIFY

Yeah two on, and no outs -- poor execution of moving runners leads to missed opportunity to score at least one run in the top of the 2nd for Horns.

CF for Horns not throwing that ball to 3rd base was a fuckin' Little League mistake...

Dang stupid play, and horrible throw!!!

3-0  lsu lead, runners at 2nd and 3rd

Still only 1 out in bottom of 2nd

Edited by LTtxfan

21 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

When your core leader quits the team just weeks before the start of the season, it takes some time to find that new leader to step up. We're still searching for ours

Yep. Team will get better. Early adversity is a teaching moment. Still shocked we were ranked top 10 without Elish 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yep. Team will get better. Early adversity is a teaching moment. Still shocked we were ranked top 10 without Elish 

I still don’t understand why Elish decided not to play.  It just does not make sense to me.....but, I suppose she believes she had a good reason.   Crazy.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

People in their early 20s who "throw away" their educations and careers for "love" never (always) make a huge mistake.

There’s not much of a career for post-college softball. Those NPF girls also have to coach or do full time clinics/commentating/etc. to make a living.  She, like Hathaway, decided to move on with their lives than stay another year as a super senior. 

I know she blamed it on COVID and that was an easy out for her.  I’d rather she just said she was over softball and moving on instead but she didn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She’s happy and good for her 

Sure, as far as it goes.

But how many people do you know/know of that have allowed themselves to be diverted from what is their apparent life path because of "young love"?  It doesn't seem to work out real well.  Anything is possible and happiness has millions of variations and definitions, but it's still a legitimate question.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

There’s not much of a career for post-college softball. Those NPF girls also have to coach or do full time clinics/commentating/etc. to make a living.  She, like Hathaway, decided to move on with their lives than stay another year as a super senior. 

I know she blamed it on COVID and that was an easy out for her.  I’d rather she just said she was over softball and moving on instead but she didn’t. 

I get that.  I'm more disturbed that she dropped out of school.  I guess she could be somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I get that.  I'm more disturbed that she dropped out of school.  I guess she could be somewhere else.

She might be. That part was bad. She could be finishing remote 

Edited by Js1