Texas at Texas Tech Tuesday Feb 1st, 2022 ESPN2 8pm CT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

Virtually any coach would have made those decisions, though. Mark Adams called Tre Mitchell his favorite player out of the portal, and I agree. People love railing on Carr, but Mitchell is the one I find the most perplexing. He looked fantastic the last couple of years, with a really high ceiling. 

Disu had his injury, which I failed to account for, but he was the leading rebounder in the SEC with demonstrated 3 point range. 

I don’t know that Beard made poor decisions. I’d just say Mark Adams made better ones and has utilized them better. 

Iowa State is a must win in the same way Kansas State in Austin was. That loss to the Wildcats is really my only “wtf” moment this season. Really don’t want to see another one on Saturday. 

Mitchell seems distracted. Not sure Austin was a good fit for his basketball career. 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

And aren't you an SMU fan/alumn/employee?

You all are the biggest fucking beating on this board and I've had multiple pm discussions about how embarassing it is. Yes I'm an SMU fan. And a Texas fan. What that has to do with Slorch being too stupid to understand a pretty simple point after 5 posts on the matter is beyond me. Maybe it's part of some dumbass logic course they teach you up there. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You all are the biggest fucking beating on this board and I've had multiple pm discussions about how embarassing it is. Yes I'm an SMU fan. And a Texas fan. What that has to do with Slorch being too stupid to understand a pretty simple point after 5 posts on the matter is beyond me. Maybe it's part of some dumbass logic course they teach you up there. 

Logic is claiming scoreboard with the Beard hiring afterTech was left for dead and accidentally beat Texas last night.

Give us another logic lesson, bro.

2 hours ago, sportsbay said:

If Texas gets one tournament win, then the season is a success.  Rebuild complete in year 1.

If we barely lose in Round 1 vs. a much better team than ACU I think you could say we're better than last year. Truly a baby step. But getting a tourney win under our belt is obviously most fans' next "milestone" in the rebuild. Getting that monkey off our back is huge for perception, if nothing else. 

The oft criticized Marcus Carr gave it his all last night.    Hook 'Em,  Marcus !

siap

For Tech fans, this was ecstasy. Texas fans better get ready to go through all this again at the Erwin Center on Feb. 19. Tech fans have gobbled up most, if not all, of the extra tickets in the return match.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/mens-basketball/2022/02/02/texas-longhorns-basketball-at-texas-tech-big-12-conference/9285169002/

1 hour ago, torre said:

The oft criticized Marcus Carr gave it his all last night.    Hook 'Em,  Marcus !

siap

For Tech fans, this was ecstasy. Texas fans better get ready to go through all this again at the Erwin Center on Feb. 19. Tech fans have gobbled up most, if not all, of the extra tickets in the return match.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/mens-basketball/2022/02/02/texas-longhorns-basketball-at-texas-tech-big-12-conference/9285169002/

Even if Tech fans make up 50% of the crowd it won’t be the same. It will be embarrassing to me, but it is what it is. However, without the students in the United Spirit Arena, it simply wont have the same intensity. Loud? Supportive? Sure. But students drive the extremes in crowd atmosphere in college games, and Tech won’t have that in Austin. 

Honestly, the main thing for me - and in my mind, it should be true for other Texas fans - is that we can look at what is going on at USA and envision that as the likely near future at Moody. 

10 hours ago, slorch said:

According to most of y'all; this is impossible.  That is exactly the point. Heard it all offseason how fucked up Tech basketball was going to be now that y'all had Country Club Chris down in Austin.  remember the giggling?  I do.

.The notion that Adams somehow inherited momentum coming into 2021 is laughable.

Snagging the wrong coach isn’t exactly virgin territory for us …