The sealed indictments

Bill Clinton

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/07/senate-intel-ex-security-director-indicted-on-false-statements-charges-in-probe-possible-leaks.html

Senate Intel ex-security director indicted on false-statements charges in probe of possible leaks

James A. Wolfe, 58, served as the panel's security director for 29 years, according to the feds.

Is this the first one?

I imagine all indictments will be lying/obstruction of justice bs.  They will bankrupt the others with legal fees.  Mueller isn't even ready for trial against the Russians he indicted.  Win win for establishment after spending millions.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 4

Unleash the Kraken! NYT, WaPo, CNN, et al. Put them all behind bars for publishing classified info.

Earlier Thursday, the New York Times revealed that federal investigators had seized years' worth of email and phone records relating to one of its reporters, Ali Watkins. She previously had a three-year romantic relationship with Wolfe, the Times reported, adding that the records covered a period of time before she joined the paper. 

The Swamp is being drained...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Unleash the Kraken! NYT, WaPo, CNN, et al. Put them all behind bars for publishing classified info.

Uh . . . what?  First Amendment,  how does it work?

You're alluding to an unheard of shift in the way we handle press leaks of classified material.  Barring the journalist or publisher's actual participation in the act of uncovering such material, I can't imagine it would ever happen, and perhaps not even then.  But, these are interesting times.

The guy’s an idiot. He fell in love with a reporter. She drained his nads to get info from him and she used that info to build her name and reputation to get a job at the NYT.  Good for her.  It was a win win until he lied to the Feds about it.  

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh . . . what?  First Amendment,  how does it work?

You're alluding to an unheard of shift in the way we handle press leaks of classified material.  Barring the journalist or publisher's actual participation in the act of uncovering such material, I can't imagine it would ever happen, and perhaps not even then.  But, these are interesting times.

So if a journalist publishes classified information that gets people killed or damages this Country other than illegal activity (gray area) they shouldn't be punished or held accountable?  The point of the 1st Amendment is protection from the Government interference BUT it isn't "carteblanche" to put people's lives a risk.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Fair point, but prosecuting journalists would be a significant step beyond that. 

I agree, but I think that spying on journalists is arguably worse. Cause that shit goes down under the covers and in the shadows of the IC.  Indictments and prosecutions would go down in the light of day. 

9 minutes ago, Tennesseehorn said:

So if a journalist publishes classified information that gets people killed or damages this Country other than illegal activity (gray area) they shouldn't be punished or held accountable?  The point of the 1st Amendment is protection from the Government interference BUT it isn't "carteblanche" to put people's lives a risk.

It may not be "carte blanche" protection but there is absolutely a component related to the press' right to expose nefarious government actions.  Shut that down and you shut down democracy.  Freedom of the press is for all intents and purposes absolute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I agree, but I think that spying on journalists is arguably worse. Cause that shit goes down under the covers and in the shadows of the IC.  Indictments and prosecutions would go down in the light of day. 

Doesn't the spying on journalists come out during the resulting prosecutions (of the leaker) too?   Actually locking up reporters is as serious as it gets.  Aside from that, though, I agree with you.  Government spying on citizens is a legit both sides issue.  It's one of the few things that seems to unite the parties when these things come up for reauthorization.   At least post-9/11, when I started paying attention to it.  And the trajectory has been getting worse, from W to Obama to Trump. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Never mind that Wolfe is not being charged with leaking classified material.

Yeah, but it's clear that is the implication.  Items 17-21 of the indictment claim that he received a classified document "including SECRET level information regarding the identify and activities of" Page, then texted her, and she wrote a story that identified Page.  Maybe the indictment is misleading on whether the identity of Page himself was SECRET, but that is implication. 

1 hour ago, Tennesseehorn said:

Nope.  They should be prosecuted, jailed and convicted...

and then pardoned like Scooter Libby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The IC only does it for the good of the country

also that reporter is not bad. 58 yo getting to hit that. Not sure I can hold that against him 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Supposedly Wolfe had a thing for young reporters going back years, maybe decades.

Perhaps he would bait them with juicy inside info. 

If he was a master baiter, he might not have needed young reporters, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2018 at 11:40 PM, ScottishHorn said:

I imagine all indictments will be lying/obstruction of justice bs.  They will bankrupt the others with legal fees.  Mueller isn't even ready for trial against the Russians he indicted.  Win win for establishment after spending millions.  

are you that racist shitbag eugenics lover britishhorn from the other site?