Bevo VIII

Fallout 76

7 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Well, this private server subscription sure is not going over well.

Heh yeah $100 paywall for (most) stuff you could do in previous games for free, and that everybody has been asking for for a while.

Edited by MillerEP

Yeah this is not a good move. The timing is pretty bad too, right as Outer Worlds is released.

Jesus, Bethesda.  Per Reddit:

-Scrap container contents are disappearing upon logging back in.  They also wont take bulk junk or the very heavy hardened mass

-Anyone on your friends list is able to hop onto your "private" server without your permission

-At least some of the worlds are used, as in they just assigned you a regular one where everyone dropped (forced?) off. As in, you go to a location and it is already looted with dead enemies on the ground

-Various other old and new bugs

On 10/1/2019 at 7:16 AM, GabrielsHorn said:

Biggest thing for me, and why I've taken a break after finishing the last mission, is just the stability of the game. Sometimes it can still be pretty rough. All that said, the last things I did was the Fasnacht event as it was probably the way the game was meant to be played. Doing the short event and also doing the later big boss (though, I think that was a different event) was really fun and brought the entire server into the same spot. 

I'll definitely be back for Wastelanders though. The game has some great ideas, but can also be frustrating at certain points (e.g. the guy who quit at the last mission when being swarmed - had a similar experience where the game crashed right before I launched the nuke. Thankfully, BGSA responded back to my e-mail pretty quick and was re-motivated to do it.)

Sup dudes. An update from my end.

Stability has actually been going up (% wise) in the recent months. We've gathered a lot of data over the past month on areas where memory is right on the edge and we're actively fixing that stuff right now. PC owners aren't all that affected by it. It's mostly PS4 Pro players. There's usually 1 or 2 server/client crashes that gets resolved in each hotfix. Also, the amount of level and quest design bugs that we're crushing right now is amazing. These will be going in future patches and will really help the QoL.

Fasnacht is super popular and will come back. Mischief Night and Meat Week are also insanely popular. We have more of these planned. Did a playtest for a new event today. It's really challenging.

Wastelanders is going to be really cool and it was the right decision to push it back. We all know internally that it was going to suck to have to roll out Fallout 1st without a content beat, and we knew it would be met with resistance and anger from some people. Even though I can talk much about it, I can say though that this is one of those cases where the data is completely opposite of the sentiment. Don't get me wrong, there were some big bugs there that we needed to fix, but our Live Team is good at jumping on those things ASAP. We still want to make it better and fix a lot of the issues, but FO1st is holding its own quite well. And quite frankly, the scrap box, atoms, survival tent, and Ranger Armor are really a good deal.

Regarding the private servers, you guys all play games where private servers are featured, so you kind of know where this will eventually lead. I think you'll like what we roll out in the future.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:55 AM, Dr Fear said:

-Scrap container contents are disappearing upon logging back in.  They also wont take bulk junk or the very heavy hardened mass

-Anyone on your friends list is able to hop onto your "private" server without your permission

-At least some of the worlds are used, as in they just assigned you a regular one where everyone dropped (forced?) off. As in, you go to a location and it is already looted with dead enemies on the ground

-Various other old and new bugs

We were on the scrap box issues that first day and got some solutions in place. The others are all getting fixed.

And just to clear something up, your private server was/is intended to be private with only your data. There were/are no shenanigans going on. Just bugs and we'll get those issues fixed. Completely unintended.

Back to Death Stranding. I mean Amazon Delivery Simulator 2020.