Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

I have to admit I love watching Tyson Fury fight. He’s just very slick. Despite the obvious fact that he’s a 6’9” fat man, he’s highly skilled, has good handspeed and has the best footwork currently in the heavyweight division.
He also throws a 1-2 combination with a low left jab that comes in wide and behind, encouraging his opponent to slip, distracting him, and when he does, Fury throws an overhand right while his left arm is still partially extended. It’s totally unique.

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have to admit I love watching Tyson Fury fight. He’s just very slick. Despite the obvious fact that he’s a 6’9” fat man, he’s highly skilled, has good handspeed and has the best footwork currently in the heavyweight division.
He also throws a 1-2 combination with a low left jab that comes in wide and behind, encouraging his opponent to slip, distracting him, and when he does, Fury throws an overhand right while his left arm is still partially extended. It’s totally unique.

Seeing this weigh in and then the pics of Ali/Foreman...I know Fury is skilled but these are two out of shape dudes that are gonna slug it out.  I think it will be entertaining but the heavy weight division has fallen a long ways. 

30 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Seeing this weigh in and then the pics of Ali/Foreman...I know Fury is skilled but these are two out of shape dudes that are gonna slug it out.  I think it will be entertaining but the heavy weight division has fallen a long ways. 

Doughy body does not equal out of shape.

Cain Velasquez ruled the heavyweight division in MMA for years until injuries took a toll.  He had by far the best cardio in the division too.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Neither of these guys is out of shape. In fact Fury has incredible longevity in fights. Fury also doesn’t “slug it out” with anyone. He isn’t a brawler at all.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Fury is just an incredible athlete. I think he’s better than Wilder and Joshua. Of course I also thought he won like 8 rounds of the Wilder fight and should be the title holder. Gypsy King looks fully back.

He clearly won the fight, even with the knock down in the last round. Total garbage they called that a draw. 

Wilder is fucked, getting Fury when he's just back into the game was his only chance.

If Fury can keep his shit together and keep working he outboxes Wilder easily in the rematch. He was making him look stupid the first fight, next time around he will punish him worse because he's got experience against him, tape on him, and he will be in much better shape.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The guy was basically announcing his shots, but still impressive.
Tyson Fury rolls his shoulders and slips and moves his head at the level of James Toney or Ezzard Charles despite being naturally 100 pounds heavier and nearly a foot taller.

dude be real, he's two, maybe three lbs heavier than James Toney. maybe. 

• 4 weeks later...

Manny vs Keith Thurman Saturday ...Manny is 40 and this will be thurman’s 2nd fight in 28 months ...My give a shit is next to zero on this one 

Please  get Spence and Crawford in the ring together before they’re both 40 

I’d even take that Kovalev Canelo fight too ...but, I just don’t see Oscar risking that one