AXS TV

jimmyjazz

I caught a bit of that.  I am not a big Beach Boys fan, so I really had little interest, but it was absolutely captivating.  The dual Brian characters (Paul Dano and John Cusack) worked seamlessly, even though they look nothing alike, and I want to take Elizabeth Banks home and lock her in my basement forever.

Wait, what?

13 hours ago, DougO said:

Not AXS, but the Terry Kath documentary is showing on HDNet at 9PM. Right after the Allman Brothers doc.

Yeah, some kind of Stewart Copeland-hosted Rock Week, saw a great doc on Clapton during his 70's phase last night.  Here's the rest of the week's line-up (pissed I just tuned in last night, missed some good ones earlier in the week...)

FRIDAY July 20
THE DOORS: MR. MOJO RISIN’ – THE STORY OF L.A. WOMAN – 8/7c
THE ROLLING STONES: CROSSFIRE HURRICANE – 9/8c
RUSH: THE RISE OF KINGS 1968-1981 – 11/10c

SATURDAY July 21
GONE WITH THE WIND: THE REMARKABLE RISE AND TRAGIC FALL OF LYNYRD SKYNYRD – 8/7c
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN – LONESTAR: 1984-1989 – 10:50/9:50c

SUNDAY July 22
PINK FLOYD: WISH YOU WERE HERE – 8/7c
ROGER WATERS THE WALL – 9/8c
  • Like 1

I had no knowledge of the last waltz movie before I happened upon it on AXS. That single event more than makes up for the crap they put on at times.

Another moment that made the channel for me was seeing my two year old daughter slowly swaying watching Petty sing southern accent and then clapping at the end of the song. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love Ronnie.  What a spirited guy he is.  I saw the Stones on their "Bridges to Babylon" tour and they did a mini-set on a small stage right in front of me.  I could have spit and hit them.  Some chick threw her bra on stage and Ronnie put it on his head like it was some kind of vintage fighter pilot's helmet.  He played several songs clowning around with that thing.