Making a Murderer: Part 2 (Netflix)

Neonmoon

Thing is this confession if no more nonsense than that of dassey.  We know beyond any shadow of a doubt, 100% verified the murder absolutely, positively did not occur in the manner in which dassey claimed. There is not a single piece of forensic evidence to support that farce of a confession.  Not. One. It was so absurd they came up with a different story for the second trial, but of course, that one doesn’t match dasseys bullshit confession either. That’s the issue with their whole case. 

Thing is this confession if no more nonsense than that of dassey.  We know beyond any shadow of a doubt, 100% verified the murder absolutely, positively did not occur in the manner in which dassey claimed. There is not a single piece of forensic evidence to support that farce of a confession.  Not. One. It was so absurd they came up with a different story for the second trial, but of course, that one doesn’t match dasseys bullshit confession either. That’s the issue with their whole case. 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, aggie08 said:

Yeah, between the national notoriety and the reward, there's about a 99% chance that this is bullshit.  IF Avery didn't kill Teresa, then someone living on that property did.  No other alternatives make even the slightest bit of sense.

this was my thought as well. 

• 1 month later...

screen shot from laura nirider's ig story:

66a0957d435ffb1601576df9e4ff44ce.jpg

I've read the article, and some of the names (and their titles/former titles) on that list seem pretty big. This is the most substantive news I've seen since watching season 2, in terms of leading me to believe that something might actually be done about this egregious miscarriage of justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

She did. I've been following the case off and on on the reddits. The biggest "development" since season 2 was the release of the jail calls. Avery/Dassey truthers FOIA'd hundreds of hours of jail calls. They're all on Youtube. Some of the highlights:

• A second call wherein Dassey admits to his mom that Avery did it, and that he was involved.

•Avery slipping up and telling his dad he "wiped it off" ("it" being the murder weapon).

•Avery, upon learning Dassey confessed, calling his lawyer in a panic because he heard that Dassey told cops about "what we did that night."

•Avery telling someone he's not worried about the underage niece he "allegedly" raped because she "always told me she'd never say nothin."

•One of the MaM filmmakers telling Steve that MaM is "our gift to you." 

^Which is why it's not surprising Colborn's defamation case against Netflix and the filmmakers has legs. It's headed to discovery, so Netflix will probably settle.

Truthers also FOIA'd the depositions from Avery's civil suit.  Sandra Morris, the victim of Avery's attempted kidnapping at gunpoint, gave details about her interactions with Avery. Avery would wait for her to drive by, then come outside naked from the waist down and fondle himself in front of her.  If you recall, when MaM covers this little blip on Avery's record, the filmmakers portray him as a victim who was "provoked" by his lying, rumor-spreading fluzee cousin who used her cop husband to target and harass poor Stevie. 

Basically, I think these two filmmakers wanted to be the next Errol Morris and thought they had discovered some grand double miscarriage of justice. Buuut that theory didn't work out so well. Turns out the subject of their film in actuality is a violent, abusive, dangerous sex criminal who got wrongfully convicted once, but definitely not the second time.

A filmmaker named Shawn Rech is working on a documentary about the case called "Convicting" which is partly inspired by how egregiously dishonest and misleading MaM was. Hopefully it hits a streaming service sometime soon and corrects the record in regard to this case.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Basically, I think these two filmmakers wanted to be the next Errol Morris and thought they had discovered some grand double miscarriage of justice. Buuut that theory didn't work out so well. Turns out the subject of their film in actuality is a violent, abusive, dangerous sex criminal who got wrongfully convicted once, but definitely not the second time.

That goes for most of the films in these genre. There is not money or fame to be had with "yup, he did it." But you can get lots of fame and sponsorship by parroting miscarriages of justice. I've always found significant gaps between what these movies portray and what the actual evidence or court transcripts reveal to be fact. It just sucks because we have a lot of people angry about things they should not be angry about.