Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wally Pryor

CFB Bowls

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

Thanks. I'm thinking Miami gets the win though because they at least finished their season on a nice win while Wisconsin got blown out by Minnesota at home on their last game, plus nothing about Wisconsin's results this year across their schedule makes me think "good team." The cold weather thing, yeah, dunno, i think maybe the better team is going to win regardless of weather.

What you say very well could happen.  Nobody bats 1000 gambling; especially on college sports.  I'm up in bowls so far so I'm playing on house money until better games start tomorrow night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going Wisconsin moneyline. Don't have any great reasons other than it will make it somewhere bearable to watch this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pops said:

Going Wisconsin moneyline. Don't have any great reasons other than it will make it somewhere bearable to watch this game. 

Is taking the ML for a small favorite (+2) ever a good idea?  The payouts vs. the points never seem worth the risk to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SDG said:

Is taking the ML for a small favorite (+2) ever a good idea?  The payouts vs. the points never seem worth the risk to me.  

Shit, man...if I were into good ideas I wouldn't be putting money on 18-22 year olds. 

I think Wisconsin will win, so I'd rather take +130 than get points I don't think I'll need at -110. But I've certainly been wrong before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pops said:

Shit, man...if I were into good ideas I wouldn't be putting money on 18-22 year olds. 

I think Wisconsin will win, so I'd rather take +130 than get points I don't think I'll need at -110. But I've certainly been wrong before. 

If those where your payouts than I agree.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pops said:

Going Baylor moneyline as well. Fuck Baylor, but maybe they will win. 

I feel dirty but I took Baylor +4.   

Edited by SDG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's bowl action: Purdue ML +150 (cause Fuck the SEC), Syracuse -2 (WVU mailed it in when their QB quit), and WAZZU -3 (despite the non-NY6 disappointment this team wants to be the first to get to 11 wins).  So far the dogs have been killing it this bowl season but I expect some changes as we head into better bowls.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SDG said:

Today's bowl action: Purdue ML +150 (cause Fuck the SEC), Syracuse -2 (WVU mailed it in when their QB quit), and WAZZU -3 (despite the non-NY6 disappointment this team wants to be the first to get to 11 wins).  So far the dogs have been killing it this bowl season but I expect some changes as we head into better bowls.  

Actually the favorites are 11-8 ATS and 12-7 SU so far.  Point spread has been almost irrelevant.  Whoever wins the game is covering the spread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chitwood said:

Actually the favorites are 11-8 ATS and 12-7 SU so far.  Point spread has been almost irrelevant.  Whoever wins the game is covering the spread.

I should have used the word MY in that statement.  So far I've made 5 bets on underdogs and have won all five.  When choosing the favorites I'm 3-2 so far.  I'll be clearer next time.      

Dog Bets so far: Wake (both points and parlay), Troy, Wisconsin, and Baylor.

Fav Bets so far: Army, La Tech (both points and parlay), GA Tech, and Temple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Purdue is getting butt fucked

21-0 and we’re barely halfway through the first quarter.

It’s a good thing they can’t charge me double for taking Purdue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the wrong side but I'm all over West va. I know Grier is gone but I still don't think Syracuse is worth a shit. 9 point swing since he left. I'm going with the drunk coach in this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pops said:

Probably the wrong side but I'm all over West va. I know Grier is gone but I still don't think Syracuse is worth a shit. 9 point swing since he left. I'm going with the drunk coach in this one. 

I wrongly assumed their backup had at least taken snaps in the past year. Oh well. On to the next one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubtful.  Notre Dame  / USC told me what I needed to know about this game today.   SC's speed was too much for Notre Dame in the 1H.  They simply didn't have the depth to go 4 quarters before ultimately losing the game.  Clemson doesn't have a depth issue. 

Saban is likely going to pound and pound the ball - to keep Tua away from hits and also to take the tempo / Murray out of the game.  And Bama has 4 quality RBs who are fresh as hell and it's likely OU won't be able to do much of anything to stop them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cincy -6  Two teams headed in different directions.  Cincy has flown under the radar all season and Fickel has a chance to cap off an outstanding and get to 11 wins with a W over a Power 5 team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon at -1 looks tempting.  Stanford -3.5 booked today add Oklahoma State +7.5 and Northwestern +7 I took a couple weeks ago.  

Edited by SDG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDG said:

Oregon at -1 looks tempting.  Stanford -3.5 booked today add Oklahoma State +7.5 and Northwestern +7 I took a couple weeks ago.  

Love me some Ducks also. Start of Hebert and the Ducks preseason top 15 ranking in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Looks like the public has bet Michigan St up to a 1-point favorite. Am I missing something?

I'm now seeing it as a pick em.  Damn, I bought in at UO -1.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Betting on P12 teams in bowl games is starting to look like a really stupid idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

It would be nice if Oregon could score a point.

So, is Aggy good to cover 7.5 or will NC State pull the upset of the millennium? 

aggy could have 100% chance to cover and I'd never take that bet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

i am down about 55% from my gambling budget for the year.  I have decided to basically go big or close the year out with nothing.  

 

everything left, roughly 20 U, on Texas -13

 

 

yeppers   +13            20 U    -110

 

another 1.5U    (lol)   texas ML.  ( too bad I was too much of a pussy to drop it all on Texas ML +400...... oh well. 

 

FUCK THE SEC!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 10:48 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

yeppers   +13            20 U    -110

 

another 1.5U    (lol)   texas ML.  ( too bad I was too much of a pussy to drop it all on Texas ML +400...... oh well. 

 

FUCK THE SEC!!!!!!

I pretty much did exactly what you did.  I thought I’d be broke by the end of the season but thanks to Texas I’m up 29% for the year.  

A0-F827-A2-803-A-4-BF6-9-E93-2-B115-B8-C

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I read correctly on Twitter that Bama is getting about 70% of the spread bets but the line is continuing to move down? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TornACL said:

Did I read correctly on Twitter that Bama is getting about 70% of the spread bets but the line is continuing to move down? 

I’m seeing it at 58/42 toward Bama, but these numbers are often unreliable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

I’m seeing it at 58/42 toward Bama, but these numbers are often unreliable.

 

Plus, we will see the true movement right before it locks. Right now, it is 57/43 Bama. As it stands, more smart money is on Clemson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm counting on that thinking driving some money line value on Bama.  Currently my local guy has -5.5 -115 but Bama at -205...for slightly more than a dime worth of value on what the true price should be for that ML.

You see this in the Super Bowl pretty often, where the public money is either favorite to cover or dog for plus money and the price on the favorite ML trickles down cheaper than it should be in response.  If I can lay less than -200, I'll play it fairly big.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

I'm counting on that thinking driving some money line value on Bama.  Currently my local guy has -5.5 -115 but Bama at -205...for slightly more than a dime worth of value on what the true price should be for that ML.

You see this in the Super Bowl pretty often, where the public money is either favorite to cover or dog for plus money and the price on the favorite ML trickles down cheaper than it should be in response.  If I can lay less than -200, I'll play it fairly big.

 

They are -195 ML for the half.  Other than Georgia the half's have not even been close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UTEX90 said:

They are -195 ML for the half.  Other than Georgia the half's have not even been close.

dont forget the Citadel.....    they sure havent forgotten it, because they keep trolling Bama's opponents if they either have fewer points at half than the Citadel did, or they are losing by more than the Citadel was at half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like good teams getting huge moneylines against a Joe public fave. I just got Clemson at +200. 

Bama is good. No question. But I think they've shown some vulnerabilities the past couple games and Clemson may have a shot here. At least enough of a shot to take a +200 risk. Guess we will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was torn on this but Lang came out with 200 dimes on Clemson so that settles it.  Bama likely gonna roll...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pops said:

I like good teams getting huge moneylines against a Joe public fave. I just got Clemson at +200. 

Bama is good. No question. But I think they've shown some vulnerabilities the past couple games and Clemson may have a shot here. At least enough of a shot to take a +200 risk. Guess we will see. 

Joe Public seems to be on Clemson here, though. The resistance against the line moving down, which has been there for 36 hours or so, seems to be on Bama.

Bama ML never got to a valuable spot, so I teased it with a couple NFL sides next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Joe Public seems to be on Clemson here, though. The resistance against the line moving down, which has been there for 36 hours or so, seems to be on Bama.

Bama ML never got to a valuable spot, so I teased it with a couple NFL sides next weekend.

-6 or -6.5 is always a Joe public line in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was torn on this but Lang came out with 200 dimes on Clemson so that settles it.  Bama likely gonna roll...

No lie.  Up 28-13. Live line was Clemson -2.5.  

Absurd the respect Bama gets...  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...