Game 12: Texas vs UT-Arlington, 7 PM, LHN

Machinator

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

I'm telling you man, give Eric Musselman this roster with Ramey, Long, Baker, Hamm, (hopefully) Sims, Hepa, et al and we would be in better shape overnight.

Yeah but you could sub in just about any name for "Eric Musselman" and that sentence would still be true.

2 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Yeah but you could sub in just about any name for "Eric Musselman" and that sentence would still be true.

Yeah, but specifically for Musselman, our roster would suit him. He wants to run and get out, he likes to push the ball, and I can see guys like Ramey, Hepa, Long, Coleman, Hayes, etc all doing really well with that type of play.

Edited by Goo Punch

If you have the game recording, go back at some point and watch the period betweem 9:01-8:22 in the 2H. It's the perfect illustration of what I've been talking about with our passing. First, Febres makes a bad pass to Coleman in the corner. This pass should be in the shooting pocket, and Coleman should be in a catch-and-shoot situation from the corner, one of the highest percentage shots in basketball. Coleman ultimately gives Long a pass at/near the shooting pocket and he knocks it down. Fast forward a couple of possesions and it's Coleman again who hits Febres in the shooting pocket, and Febres knocks it doen. Precise passing matters, doubly so when you're inconsistent at shooting.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Dylan is visibly hesitant to shoot a wide open three in a meaningless home game where we're up by 25. Dude is done. His heart aint in it, you can see it.

Yeah he isn’t even close to the same in terms of aggressiveness from last year to now... like not even the same player

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe said:

Looks like a pretty solid victory. Ya'll Chicken-Little motherfuckers still having your periods?

It was a good win over a heavily out-talented team. If we play like this against Big 12 competition we'll talk.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah he isn’t even close to the same in terms of aggressiveness from last year to now... like not even the same player

Last year I was sick to death of his "aggressiveness" behind the arc. Our worst % 3pt shooter took the most 3s on the team. That is insanity. 

Dylan legitimately looks like he needs to retire from the sport. The more I watch, the more I'm convinced that my theory that he has no love or passion for the game is correct. He seems to be playing out of sheer obligation. I imagine that he, unlike most players with his size, skill set, and experience, will not pursue any type of basketball career once his senior year is over. He looked downright sad last night.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:38 AM, Goo Punch said:

Dylan legitimately looks like he needs to retire from the sport. The more I watch, the more I'm convinced that my theory that he has no love or passion for the game is correct. He seems to be playing out of sheer obligation. I imagine that he, unlike most players with his size, skill set, and experience, will not pursue any type of basketball career once his senior year is over. He looked downright sad last night.

Unless there is something very personal emotionally impacting his life outside of basketball, I fear you are right.