2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

what is the criteria considered when you push thru a trade vs waiting on the mandatory 48 hours?

i take the 2 days into acct when i make a deal.  i plan exactly to the minute that i accept a deal so it benefits my team.  it affects starting pitching and hitting matchups.  now derka gets blackmon (the best player in the deal) at home for a couple days he wouldn't normally get.  and two slots to stream pitchers.

it doesn't affect me directly, but you can bet your bottom buck that the minute i get a trade accepted, i will be up your ass to push it thru asap.  basically what you're telling us is "this trade looks fair, i'll push it thru."  so it's all on your say-so?  horrible precedent to set.

i didn't realize this league was being run by north korean club rules.

FTR i agree with this. The trade got processed, and i could either leave my lineup with holes in it tomorrow or add players to fill it out, so that's what i did. there was no need for commissioner intervention here. you can push a trade through if it doesn't affect anyone's lineup, but because this trade was accepted in the afternoon now four teams in our league have had their matchups altered unnecessarily. not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but like hg said it's not a good precedent to set. 

there hasnt ever been a trade thats been vetoed. we are all in our right minds. sorry for assuming that i was trying to be helpful and active. i can disappear as commish and let the league run itself if thats easier.

and i have no problem pushing through trades the minute they are accepted. no one votes in this league so its just a dead period for a day. didn't know anyone waited til the exact minute to gain an advantage. guess thats why i've only won this league just once. 

and not that it matters but its a day trade review. was going to process tomorrow at 5. 

you said push it through! i didn't see HG's initial response so i just sent it off when i saw you approve it. 

if you both want to reverse the precedent, bench the players involved or i can reverse the trade. didnt mean to cause a ruckus. 

9 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

what is the criteria considered when you push thru a trade vs waiting on the mandatory 48 hours?

i take the 2 days into acct when i make a deal.  i plan exactly to the minute that i accept a deal so it benefits my team.  it affects starting pitching and hitting matchups.  now derka gets blackmon (the best player in the deal) at home for a couple days he wouldn't normally get.  and two slots to stream pitchers.

it doesn't affect me directly, but you can bet your bottom buck that the minute i get a trade accepted, i will be up your ass to push it thru asap.  basically what you're telling us is "this trade looks fair, i'll push it thru."  so it's all on your say-so?  horrible precedent to set.

same.  everyone should know how this works by now.

Also you flex on saves and you probably iron your jeans.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

there hasnt ever been a trade thats been vetoed. we are all in our right minds. sorry for assuming that i was trying to be helpful and active. i can disappear as commish and let the league run itself if thats easier.
and i have no problem pushing through trades the minute they are accepted. no one votes in this league so its just a dead period for a day. didn't know anyone waited til the exact minute to gain an advantage. guess thats why i've only won this league just once. 
and not that it matters but its a day trade review. was going to process tomorrow at 5. 

I tried several times...no sympathy votes

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

I had an offer earlier, that was not terrible, but it was going to leave me with a huge hole at second. I tried it lol at a few counters, but could not come up with anything quickly.

yes, you were one of the people i sent to.  btw, both of our 2b homered tonight.

feel free to send me a counter whenever - i won't get offended.  counters let me know what you're interested in.

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

can someone list the team names along with corresponding surly names?  i'm sending a few feelers out on deals.

Fawesome    Fart Knockers
Derka    SHOW ME WHAT YOU
hitby    Steamed Hammels
NorthLoop    Inverted Swingers
Gandorf    Two Ankle Bracelets
Planet Houston    Up In Smoak
Beer    Baseball Person
Huge    Melky Discharge
UTPhil    Rookie Bastard
NOMAAA    Frozen Ropes
BigOrange    Killing Me Smalls
Capt    Jack Parkman

• Like 1

I'm trying to move any and all of my pitchers for an outfielder. I have Josh Hader, the greatest fantasy reliever of all time; of all time! #facts i'm willing to part with him, my other closer, *and* possibly even a complimentary bat for right outfielder. Clevy is hurt, i'm on tilt, and I'm ready to make moves. now who wants to dance with derka?

my point at the time you were pushing through trades was this case exactly.  it seems extremely arbitrary to pick and choose what trades get pushed through and which ones dont.  I could have picked up another player today prior to the 120 first pitch, but because derka and NL are not online today that doesnt happen.  so either remove the waiting period or no one gets anything pushed through.  thats my take at least.