Pulled the Trigger on a Uke

CHIEF

My fingers are too big for a soprano. A tenor fits me a little better. The baritone is tuned like the bottom four strings on a guitar, which would have been easier to learn, but is a little too deep for my liking. A custom made tenor is what Jake Shimabukuro plays. I looked at a Kala, but they were almost twice as much. If i take to it, I'll move up. I can slide the $200 right on by and Mrs. CHIEF will never know.

CHIEF

• Like 2

Heh, good on ya!  This is gonna be my next uke, it's $245 or so, and what Iike about it is its wider fretboard.  Really sweet - Kumu Tenor Uke
:
kzkwymjv45rpf9qvixgf.jpg

And just for the fuckuvit, some of you remember did exactly this, got me a uke about 5 months ago.  Since then I've learned about 500 songs on it and love it.  Just for fucking around's sake, I larned me the opening of "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" for your listening pleasure.  A little rushed, but I ain't got time to do 27 takes, I was good widdit:

• Like 3

Heh, thanks.  Occasionally I make these things to share with a buddy of mine after we talk about certain songs.  One more (not to regale you with "home movies!).  But to show the versatility of these little SOB's, I did somepin' fun - laid down a quickie bass line and keyboard double and played this live over those 2 recorded insts.  The beginning of "I Want You Back" or more popularly, "Old White Guy Attacks Motown."  Lots of fun.  The uke don't do a lot here, and yeah I got off a bit on the rhythm, but again it's like the 2nd take and Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo' Dis Aftfa Dat!"  Enjoy or laugh, what's the difference?  But fun times.

• Like 1