LSU @ Texas Analysis: LSU Offense

sushihorn

1 minute ago, White Tiger said:

Minus 8 and counting.   The skin is so thin I can see through it.  

For those of you who think SE>JB as a passer, look at JB's first TD pass last week.

I personally don't give a fuck whether Burrow is a better passer or better runner than Sam. I care about whether Sam's a better QB, and I think he is, on balance. If Burrow were as good as you seem to think he is, he'd still be at tOSU.

EDIT: If you can stay above -100, you'll still be here later. 

3 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

For those of you who think SE>JB as a passer, look at JB's first TD pass last week.

Bitching about being negged only leads to more negging. 

You're not entitled to anything on this board. There are lots of other fanbases represented here. If your posts are quality content, you will not get negged back to the swamp. 

Just now, Tex Long said:

I personally don't give a fuck whether Burrow is a better passer or better runner than Sam. I care about whether Sam's a better QB, and I think he is, on balance. If Burrow were as good as you seem to think he is, he'd still be at tOSU.

EDIT: If you can stay above -100, you'll still be here later. 

Tex, that is a cogent analysis.  If what I say is so offensive to the UT sensibilities, I doubt I last, but so be it.  If the board cannot take friendly banter and honest criticism it reflects its deficiencies not mine.  Either way I will be fine.  

• Fuck You 4

6 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Is that the one where the center 7 yards downfield blocked the MLB out of an interception?  Great toss, even better Oline coaching.

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Bitching about being negged only leads to more negging. 

You're not entitled to anything on this board. There are lots of other fanbases represented here. If your posts are quality content, you will not get negged back to the swamp. 

Well, I have had nothing but quality posts, so your post makes not sense to me.  

They say the difference between a professional and an amateur is that a professional can repeat their success. Joe Burrow completed 57% of his passes last year (a redshirt Junior) for 2500 yards. Ehlinger completed 64% for 3292 as a true sophomore.

45 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

You won't be back. We see this every year. Before the sugar bowl, the Bulldog fans came here to talk shit, but they never returned afterwards. Before the RRS, it was sooner fans. Before that, it was USC. Before that, Mizzou. Rinse and repeat.

And Maryland didn't have fans.  Advantage Texas.

4 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

To haul upwards.  Huh?  

Burn that bridge when you come to it. It's all water under the dam. Just don't smoke like a haystack. Be careful jumping through hoops and ladders. Because we could care less. For all intensive purposes, it's like letting the cat out of the box.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

But they didnt do great, at least not run blocking. I guarantee your coaches weren't happy with it and believe there is plenty to address. Not shitting the bed is good. Maybe the pass blocking translates to better competition, maybe it doesnt. But you have to be slightly concerned about the lack of dominance in run blocking. Maybe it is stuff that can be cleaned up in a week's worth of practice. 

I can tell you didn't watch the game, if you did you would know we actually did run the ball effectively. I think you're hung up on us establishing the run vs using it effectively. 

Running the clock management wasn't an issue because we were scoring at-will and we were playing against a triple-option run team.

25 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

It's all good. My rating reflects the misplaced sensibilities of the board's admin rather than who I am.  Not sure I get your avatar.  Care to explain it?

24 minutes ago, Roofle said:

No.

That's too bad, I always like to hear the story of the laxative snow cone.

• Like 1

Just now, DayHeGeaux said:

I can tell you didn't watch the game, if you did you would know we actually did run the ball effectively. I think you're hung up on us establishing the run vs using it effectively. 

Running the clock management wasn't an issue because we were scoring at-will and we were playing against a triple-option run team.

I did watch the first half. The stats say it wasnt effective. And it didnt look effective, especially given the competition. I am not sure how you define effective. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JBJ said:

LSUs 6-3 330 guard:

ZMEAFLLKQPVWKAF.20190827164810.jpg

OU's 6-3 330 guard (#52):

Tyrese+Robinson+UCLA+vs+Oklahoma+vFNaWs5

1) These are not the same.

2) OU running attack is power-based.  LSU's is zone.  LSU actually has worse players for what they try to do.

LOL. Tell me how they're so much different since you have all this insight from looking at 2 completely different pics.

You only have a 1 game sample. Chill out. 

32 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

It's all good. My rating reflects the misplaced sensibilities of the board's admin rather than who I am.  Not sure I get your avatar.  Care to explain it?

The sensibilities of the board’s admin are not misplaced. You are misplaced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I did watch the first half. The stats say it wasnt effective. And it didnt look effective, especially given the competition. I am not sure how you define effective. 

You're too dense. I can't go back and fourth with you. Bottom line, was our offensive game plan effective. Yes or No?

9 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

They say the difference between a professional and an amateur is that a professional can repeat their success. Joe Burrow completed 57% of his passes last year (a redshirt Junior) for 2500 yards. Ehlinger completed 64% for 3292 as a true sophomore.

OK.  By chance, both will be on the field in Austin, aka the library, this Saturday.  Let's see what we all think after that.  Deal?  Oh, I will be back after the game win or lose.  

Cheers.

Summa you visitors been mistaken the lack of patience with repetitive bullshit for thin skin. Don't mind the bullshit, it's expected. Saying it fifty-two times in one day is annoying. Annoyances get negged. By neggers. Summa us are neggers. I am sometimes a negger, but more often a nagger. It's a Bad Thing™ to get negged by a nagger, so don't.

15 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Is that the one where the center 7 yards downfield blocked the MLB out of an interception?  Great toss, even better Oline coaching.

The best view is from the end zone which shows how well he placed it.  Another TD was threaded between two defenders, but yeah, SE is way better that Joe.

7 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

LOL. Tell me how they're so much different since you have all this insight from looking at 2 completely different pics.

You only have a 1 game sample. Chill out. 

Okay, let me try to help. One guy looks fat AF. The other guy looks much more like a fit athlete. 

So weight numbers without a corresponding BFP (or just some photos) are useless for comparisons. 

Just now, Tex Long said:

Summa you visitors been mistaken the lack of patience with repetitive bullshit for thin skin. Don't mind the bullshit, it's expected. Saying it fifty-two times in one day is annoying. Annoyances get negged. By neggers. Summa us are neggers. I am sometimes a negger, but more often a nagger. It's a Bad Thing™ to get negged by a nagger, so don't.

Duly noted.  I'll be fine with leaving if that is what the board wishes.  

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Okay, let me try to help. One guy looks fat AF. The other guy looks much more like a fit athlete. 

So weight numbers without a corresponding BFP (or just some photos) are useless for comparisons. 

Mr. Buttpirate (I apologize for not typing your entire name as I find it cumbersome.), looks are often important, but they may also deceive.  The LSU o-linemen will have an opportunity to show their worth this saturday against a top defense.  Let the chips fall where they may.

Cheers.

Duly noted.  I'll be fine with leaving if that is what the board wishes.  

The board doesn't wish sweet fuck all, it's the posters on the board. There are quite a few people here who have been internetly connected from hornfans to shaggy bevo to here. If you piss off one of us, quite a few will follow the lead. 

IDGAF whether you want to hang around, or not. But if you do, act like a grownup, don't confuse opinions with fact, and you'll be fine.

Ultimately, it's not about leaving, it's about being kicked the fuck out. 

17 minutes ago, JBJ said:

spacer.png

I guess the Umpire had a bad angle....

JB, is this true:

OU #1 offense scored 45 and 39 
Ok. State #13 offense scored 38 
West Virginia # 10 offense Scored 42 
Texas Tech #16 offense scored 34 on them. 

Seems like a high average score for a solid defense to surrender.  What are your thoughts?

17 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Shame when the defense gets blown off the ball.  Look at the pass.  The pass.  OK?

Yeah the pass.  I posit that Burrows threw it right to the MLB and was lucky that his OL illegally blocked downfield.

Your preferred view does not help your case:

spacer.png

Edited by JBJ

Just now, Tex Long said:

The board doesn't wish sweet fuck all, it's the posters on the board. There are quite a few people here who have been internetly connected from hornfans to shaggy bevo to here. If you piss off one of us, quite a few will follow the lead. 

IDGAF whether you want to hang around, or not. But if you do, act like a grownup, don't confuse opinions with fact, and you'll be fine.

Ultimately, it's not about leaving, it's about being kicked the fuck out. 

Tex, again, thank you for the clarification.  

What in the world is special or indicative of that pass? The DB almost got and probably should've knocked it down, it wasn't a bullet and it wasn't lofted over his head with touch. 

It was a fairly basic 15-yd throw that a good QB should hit. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

15 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

The best view is from the end zone which shows how well he placed it.  Another TD was threaded between two defenders, but yeah, SE is way better that Joe.

I love the idea that bc Burrow completed some tight window throws against Georgia Southern, that he can do the same thing on the road against Texas. I hope he has the same confidence 

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

I love the idea that bc Burrow completed some tight window throws against Georgia Southern, that he can do the same thing on the road against Texas. I hope he has the same confidence 

Well, Pig, that's exactly what I think.  Burrow will be very effective against the longhorn defense.  It gave up much points to OU, Tech, OSU last year....

5 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

JB, is this true:

OU #1 offense scored 45 and 39 
Ok. State #13 offense scored 38 
West Virginia # 10 offense Scored 42 
Texas Tech #16 offense scored 34 on them. 

Seems like a high average score for a solid defense to surrender.  What are your thoughts?

LOL, really? 

Why don't you look up the season averages of those offenses. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Shame when the defense gets blown off the ball.  Look at the pass.  The pass.  OK?

I'm not sure you understood my point above about an amateur vs a professional. Sure, he made a nice pass. That doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. Did he make any comparable throws against Alabama? Florida? We had a few years where every running back we played looked like a heisman candidate. It didn't mean they were good. It meant we sucked. We know from experience what bad offense looks like. We also know what superficial transitions to a new offensive system look like. So when we see a highlight reel against Georgia Southern (or is it State, I can't remember) we're gonna go ahead and chalk it up to them sucking as opposed to you being good.  

1 hour ago, DayHeGeaux said:

LOL. So now when I bring up the actual game stats it's about competition vs the LSU OL playing great. LOL. We did what we were suppose to do. 

Good performance against bad teams doesn't have that much value other than to confirm that you don't suck.  It can however expose areas of weakness, as I think week 1 did for LSU's running game.  Every Longhorn fan old enough to remember the sack fest by UNT's DT should also recall that it was a harbinger of problems to come regardless of the fact that Texas won the game.

• Like 2

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

LOL, really? 

Why don't you look up the season averages of those offenses. 

But you and every UT fan is claiming that the UT defense is equipped to stop those offenses, but the facts do NOT support such a claim.  Do they?  Now they did really well against garbage big xii teams.  

1 minute ago, White Tiger said:

But you and every UT fan is claiming that the UT defense is equipped to stop those offenses, but the facts do NOT support such a claim.  Do they?  Now they did really well against garbage big xii teams.  

Whoosh. The point is, LSU doesn't have those O's. I know you think you do, based on one game, but I think you're wrong. If you score 38 or 42, you're probably going to win the game. Ain't gonna happen.

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

I think White Tigger is trying to convince himself more than us; in a very creepy fashion, I might add. 

Creepy?  How?  lol.  I am convinced that LSU is the better team and will demonstrate as much come saturday.  I WILL take my lumps if that does not happen.  Still it is just a college football game over which I am not willing to be vulgar or make threats about the quality of another's posts/opinions.  

Just now, Tex Long said:

Whoosh. The point is, LSU doesn't have those O's. I know you think you do, based on one game, but I think you're wrong. If you score 38 or 42, you're probably going to win the game. Ain't gonna happen.

Talk to you after the game,, Tex.  I think LSU wins most of the one-on-one battles on both sides of the ball.  That will be the difference.

1 hour ago, White Tiger said:

We are about to find out.  BTW, does one have to name call or be a vulgarian to be popular here.  I notice my "social rating" is getting more negative.  Is it possible that the UT faithful have paper thin skin?  Just askin'...

Obscenities are not required.  I use them infrequently.  But they are highly encouraged on Surly.

29 minutes ago, DayHeGeaux said:

You're too dense. I can't go back and fourth with you. Bottom line, was our offensive game plan effective. Yes or No?

Yes, your passing game and far superior athletes beat up on Georgia Southern. It should be concerning that your bigger and superior athletes on the o-line and at rb couldn't do the same. Again, it may just be a result of running a new scheme and needing to get familiar with it. Or it may be a sign of problems to come. That's all I'm saying. Your offense may be good overall. But in a 1 game sample against inferior competition there are indications that your run game may be a weakness. 

53 minutes ago, Billyraychubbs said:

What I think needs to be understood in this thread is. 

1.) Texas sucks ass at all sports

2.) Tigers gonna beat that ass

3.) Tears will flow from soy boys faces

4.) This board sucks

5.) We comin

See now, my summary is pretty accurate of how you people communicate.  Too bad Thujone isn’t here to do an MSPaint of you hillbillies.