Most impactful true freshman?

TexArcher

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:
Jake Smith

Jordan. I'll take my lumps happily if jake stands out but the receiver group is huge and talented and very deep.

Whittington could possibly be a freshman all American, assuming everything I've imagined in my brain comes true 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I'm thinking one that is going to surprise is sweat. Lots of praise for him thus far

I was going to say Sweat as well. We already have a lot of weapons on O, so not sure how impactful Whittington or Smith will be, unless Ingram has an injury and Whittington goes lights out as the RB1. I think a guy like Sweat could really help an already young defense.

• Like 1

From the way people are talking about Sweat, it sounds like he is not a red shirt candidate and since 300+ lb Dline people don't usually have a lot of roles on special teams, he'll be playing regular plays. My guess is he gets eased into it over the first half of the season and then is a major contributor by bowl time. 

Just now, Reese Bennett said:

From the way people are talking about Sweat, it sounds like he is not a red shirt candidate and since 300+ lb Dline people don't usually have a lot of roles on special teams, he'll be playing regular plays. My guess is he gets eased into it over the first half of the season and then is a major contributor by bowl time. 

You mean playoff time? #koolaid

Sweat has pretty rapidly put on weight since graduating from HS and he’s been singled out for needing to work on his stamina, so i doubt he’ll be stealing too many snaps away from Coburn in the near future. Have a hard time seeing him as anything other than a 4 game + redshirt guy unless shit goes sideways.