ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

37 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Didnt pat mcaffee confirm he is leaving gameday a while back, to deafening cheers?

He talked about possibly not doing it next year but I doubt he quits or they let him go.  Like it or not old white guys aren’t his demo, he brings a younger viewership.  I’m not fan of his show because it’s too much but he gets damn near one million viewers every day.  

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He talked about possibly not doing it next year but I doubt he quits or they let him go.  Like it or not old white guys aren’t his demo, he brings a younger viewership.  I’m not fan of his show because it’s too much but he gets damn near one million viewers every day.  

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average American viewer.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Pat was already hosting his daily show from the Gameday sites right? I could see ESPN building that out, and Pat appears on a segment or two on Gameday. 

Saban is a big enough personality to replace Pat and Corso. It wouldn't take much to improve the show. I think this the nudge they needed. 

So who do you think put the mascot head on? That’s the iconic bit they aren’t going to retire with Corso. You need a big personality to pull that off. McAfee is the obvious person. Desmond, Kirk, or Saban ain’t doing it. At one time I thought Mack Brown might be able to pull it off but then he went back to coaching…

30 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

So who do you think put the mascot head on? That’s the iconic bit they aren’t going to retire with Corso. You need a big personality to pull that off. McAfee is the obvious person. Desmond, Kirk, or Saban ain’t doing it. At one time I thought Mack Brown might be able to pull it off but then he went back to coaching…

Desmond is ‘garded. Herbstreit will do literally anything for money. I’d start there. 

23 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Desmond is ‘garded. Herbstreit will do literally anything for money. I’d start there. 

Herby won’t do it because he calls many of those big games so he won’t pick them.

Desmond won’t do it because they are (rightly or wrongly) overly concerned with not making the only black guy on the panel be the clown (no CR).

I get many don’t like McAfee but the simple solution is the obvious solution. Occam’s Razor says McAfee is going to be the guy that puts on the mascot head when Corso finally makes his exit. People just need to get used to that idea.

I think Saban will actually be a plus addition and will be able to be more loose and funny now that he's not wearing the coach hat.  Can he please replace MClownAfee?

No! I like his energy. But if you want a bunch of old people running CGD, it will die fast. Maybe the CW channel game day with andy griffin and leave it to beaver will be the bookends on your hopeful programming.

On 2/11/2024 at 10:38 PM, markstanco said:

No! I like his energy. But if you want a bunch of old people running CGD, it will die fast. Maybe the CW channel game day with andy griffin and leave it to beaver will be the bookends on your hopeful programming.

LOL I'm in my 40's, so I guess I am an old now.  I don't care about the age of the people on CGD, I care about how stupid they are, and McAfee is 100% an idiot.  Don't care if it's an act or genuine stupidity, or if ESPN has decided that turning on dumb-mode is how to attract a majority dumb audience.  Not for me, or many others.  But I guess the WWE crowd enjoys it.

• Hook 'Em 2