Vontazed Burfict suspended w/o pay the rest of the season for being a habitual cheap shot artist

clapclapclap

18 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

The punishment doesn’t fit the crime for this particular hit imo.

The Barnett hit me was a lot worse IMO, but I’m not mad at the nfl for making an example out of burfict for his past incidents. Maybe it’ll make other players think twice before making a hit like that, but it probably won’t matter. 

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

The letter that they wrote to him is maybe my favorite thing the the NFL has ever done:

"There were no mitigating circumstances on this play," the letter said. "Your contact was unnecessary, flagrant and should have been avoided. For your actions, you were penalized and disqualified from the game. Following each of your previous rule violations, you were warned by me and each of the jointly-appointed officers that future violations would result in escalated accountability measures. However, you have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designated to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk."

The condescension is palpable. You can tell that they've told this mother fucker "or else" like a half dozen times.

Burfict has replied:

The letter that you wrote me made me stop and wonder why, but I guess you felt like you had to set things right.  Just remember this, my league, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars and still not see the light.

"When someone does something like that, attacks one of your players, it's not supposed to be in the game," Reich said. "Glad they did what they did. Actions feel very appropriate."

””Maybe don't come over the middle if you don't want to be "attacked". Funny how they act like offensive linemen don't lead with their head into guys heads every play. Sure, a cheap shot, throw him out of the game. The rest of the season? Come on. You pay a guy to make guys scared to catch balls over the middle.  Just take the helmets and pads off and put flags on em.””

Apples and oranges dude. O-linemen fight trench warfare. Safeties, corners, and most weak side linebackers have to adhere to the rule. Mistakes are made all the time. Running backs and receivers are guilty of dipping when they see the collision coming, and they’re guilty for “posturing” in my opinion. This guy in particular basically says fuck the rules, and it’s been proven over and over again. If this mandate doesn’t make him re-think his shit, then fuck him. Let him go kill Canadians.

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Burfict has replied:

The letter that you wrote me made me stop and wonder why, but I guess you felt like you had to set things right.  Just remember this, my league, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars and still not see the light.

"I am the walrus?"

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Really?  Why not?

Because that hit isn’t even in the top 10 dirtiest hits I’ve seen. Maybe not even in the last 3 years. I have no problem with the suspension because of his history and all the warnings, but if this were an isolated incident, that would be a ridiculous suspension. I think that’s all he’s trying to say, and if so, I agree. If any other player in the league had that exact same hit on Doyle, it’s an ejection and slap on the wrist fine.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Because that hit isn’t even in the top 10 dirtiest hits I’ve ever seen. Maybe not even in the last 3 years. I have no problem with the suspension because of his history and all the warnings, but if this were an isolated incident, that would be a ridiculous suspension. I think that’s all he’s trying to say, and if so, I agree. If any other player in the league had that exact same hit on Doyle, it’s an ejection and slap on the wrist fine.

I didn't know that being in the "top 10 dirties hits" was part of the criteria.  Seems pretty textbook targeting to me.  

Just now, Bullneck said:

I didn't know that being in the "top 10 dirties hits" was part of the criteria.  Seems pretty textbook targeting to me.  

Ron artest jumped into the stands and got into a fist fight with a fan. What did he get, 50 games? So roughly 60% of the season. My point is, if this were an isolated incident, a year long suspension would be ridiculous. I don’t even see how that’s debatable. Are you saying if Luke Kuechley does this next Sunday he should be suspended for the rest of the season, even though he has no history of dirty hits? They obviously want to eliminate this from the game, and rightfully so, but this was more of a “this is your 7th (or whatever) strike. We’ve talked about this. You’re done” type of suspension. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Yep. Guy on his knee. "Let me take three steps and launch helmet first at his head."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yep. Guy on his knee. "Let me take three steps and launch helmet first at his head."

After I've already been fined and suspended previously and personally warned by the NFL that additional defenseless player hits will receive harsher penalties.  Fuck him.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Apples and oranges dude. O-linemen fight trench warfare. Safeties, corners, and most weak side linebackers have to adhere to the rule. Mistakes are made all the time. Running backs and receivers are guilty of dipping when they see the collision coming, and they’re guilty for “posturing” in my opinion. This guy in particular basically says fuck the rules, and it’s been proven over and over again. If this mandate doesn’t make him re-think his shit, then fuck him. Let him go kill Canadians.

Oh they fight trench warfare so different set of rules?

Just sayin, the repeated blows all game every game is what causes the brain damage. If they really gave a fuck they would be looking at the DL/OL instead of the "big hits" in the open field. They want the biggest media impact so they created rules to get rid of big hits - that isn't going to address the problem, but it looks good and gets attention. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:28 PM, Fondren & Main said:

The punishment doesn’t fit the crime for this particular hit imo.

It isn't about the crime itself. It's like someone getting a lengthy jail sentence because of shoplifting. But it wasn't about that particular crime. It is because they have a long rap sheet of priors and at some point, something needs to be done more than just slaps on the wrist. It was a long time coming for this piece of shit. He has no place in this league.

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Ha. With Burfict that hit happens 100 times out of 100. 

Yep. He doesn't give a shit about the rules. He plays with malicious intent and is out to purposely hurt players. You can bring up the old days of playing and yada yada but different times, different rules. Especially now knowing the long term effects of these hits. These are no longer celebrated and put on highlight reels like the older days.

He has accumulated $5million in fines and missed game checks. Obviously he doesn't care about that enough to change his ways. So this was the correct decision.