A Look at How Big 10 Defenses Have Performed Against Big 12 Offenses

Bodacious Bevo

Thank you, I figured this would be the case in that there really isn't a (dare I say it) significant difference. At the end of the day the high level DCs in each conference are pretty capable at their job and just because they don't face a certain offense year round doesn't mean they cant sit down and figure it out when tasked with it. I'm with you in not being stoked on Ash, but not because conference experience has anything to do with it. 

• Like 1

Hire a DC that uses and develops the talent he has in the best way to defend the teams they face.

Ash was a great DC in the Big 10 because he did just that.

Any notion that a former DB whose specialty is coaching and developing defensive backs wouldn't be successful here just because his opportunity started in the Big 10 is very misguided.

Our overriding problem with our last umpteen DC hires is they required getting "their guys" in before they might be successful rather than molding their defense based on the personnel on hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Thank you, I figured this would be the case in that there really isn't a (dare I say it) significant difference. At the end of the day the high level DCs in each conference are pretty capable at their job and just because they don't face a certain offense year round doesn't mean they cant sit down and figure it out when tasked with it. I'm with you in not being stoked on Ash, but not because conference experience has anything to do with it. 

I agree and I also think the opposite is true: high level OCs with talent will put up points on anybody.