Hindsight is 20/20: 2019 Cringe-worthy Takes

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

I believe in the run up to the LSU game I made a post to the effect of:

“The notion that LSU’s offense became a world-beater over the offseason is laughable. Our defense was built to fuck up offenses like theirs.”

Good stuff, Colt.

anybody else with some hot takes this year?

• Like 3

Yeah, I was on that train. Bought into the fatball concept as well. And the Sam > Burrow + Herman > ogre argument.

I also thought Texas could run the slate in the Big 12 after the LSU game, but was likely to lose 1 or 2 due to defense. I didn’t see the offensive collapse coming.

I believed our offensive line would be substantially better and open up an actual running game.

Not sure I ever posted these, but certainly discussed in real life.

Fuck you Tom Herman.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

After week 3 of NFL season I amended my prediction on Boys’ final record to 13-3. I now no longer watch games or follow Cowboys threads, and am greatly relieved to no longer be subjected to inane Drew and Vic posts. 

I also said we’d win out after LSU and was worried that one loss to OU in either The Cotton Bowl or CCG would keep a 2-loss Texas team out of the CFP. I was genuinely concerned about that. 

That last sentence slayed me. We are so stupid.

I asked after Herman shit the bed against Maryland at DKR in 2017, "What the fuck is so special about this guy?"  And I got shit for 2.5 seasons about it.  Next year's schedule screams 8-4, at best with Herman and this team.

Having said "I told you so", I am reminded that I was a staunch supporter of Coach Strong, even through the night of the Kansas loss.  I really thought he was the guy as I did with Mike Perrin, and Shaka.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ya boy sushihorn should OWN this fucking thread....if he’s got the nuts to mea culpa.

what a load of shit that guy shoveled re: LSU v Texas.

In sushi’s defense how many times have we heard LSU is revamping their offense to be more spread and nothing changed. What Brady and Burrow have done to the LSU offense is completely unprecedented.