I. Need. A Lawnmower.

On 4/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, wild_turkey said:

I’ve had this Honda for 4+ years and it’s been great. Probably the best push mower I’ve ever used.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3-in-1-Variable-Speed-Gas-Walk-Behind-Self-Propelled-Lawn-Mower-with-Auto-Choke-HRR216VKA/203709643

This is the correct answer. My first Honda lasted 15 years until the unbreakable deck broke. I have had this one for 4 years now with 0 issues.

Most of these lawnmower threads end up being Toro or Honda.  I narrowed it down to these two and got the Toro.  Works like a fuggin' charm after 6 years.
Honda is equally good.  I think from there it just comes down to which features you want on the mower.

The "Honda" Hondas are so fucking heavy because of the metal decks. Do those still rust out? I went with Troy-Bilt Honda because it was cheaper /lighter, but the auto choke/throttle suck.

I have the Troy-Bilt Honda. I’m underwhelmed but it’s 5 years in and I don’t do shit for maintenance so it’s fine.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

How much trouble is it to keep those sharp?

I've had it for 6 years and never sharpened it.  Probably about time.  Drawbacks (other than it doesn't push itself) are that it has a fairly narrow cutting path and it doesn't do well with sticks or larger debris like magnolia pods.  I have a small yard and I hate anything that can break, so it's been great for me.  

One more vote for that Honda.  I've had mine close to 10 yrs and treat it like shit and it starts with one pull every time.   

And you guys with those reel mowers aren't mowing recently fertilized St Augustine after a week and a half of rain in late July.