2020 Texas Volleyball (Hopefully)

LTtxfan

2 seeds went down! 

Undefeated WKU upset #15 Wazzu. 

Also, #14 seed Utah fell to Pitt. Pitt has had a very strong team the past couple years so I'm not surprised at that upset.

It's so weird not having Tree in this tournament. Their first rebuilding year in a while (finished the season with a 2-8 record)

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It's so weird not having Tree in this tournament. Their first rebuilding year in a while (finished the season with a 2-8 record)

Tbh, Meghan McClure had me feeling upset for her after I read this interview. I didn’t realize Stanford had so many obstacles this season: players deciding not to play, having to practice outside, and of course injuries + COVID. But props to Meghan for making the tough decision to move on and not come back next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

PSU ain’t that good this year. Really not sure they earned a seed at all. Challenging year for them. Texas in 4

Penn State is a weird team. Talented and very good at most positions but they're also very bad at OH. 

Texas should dominate at the pins. 

This is a match where we need Eggleston, Fields, and Phillips to dominate.  

Edited by texasstrong12

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

2 seeds went down! 

Undefeated WKU upset #15 Wazzu. 

Also, #14 seed Utah fell to Pitt. Pitt has had a very strong team the past couple years so I'm not surprised at that upset.

9 hours ago, texfan11 said:

Tbh, Meghan McClure had me feeling upset for her after I read this interview. I didn’t realize Stanford had so many obstacles this season: players deciding not to play, having to practice outside, and of course injuries + COVID. But props to Meghan for making the tough decision to move on and not come back next year. 

Believe the first time ever (?) that a California school did not reach the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Volleyball Tournament.

Obviously California had more strict local restrictions throughout the state where the major universities are who usually go far - USC, UCLA and Stanford.

Most didn't start any practice until January, PAC-12 only schedules and opt-outs. 

Edited by Js1

Based on the volleyball board, the consensus is Texas in 3 or 4. Penn State isn’t good enough at the pins.

They have a similar issue as us (short setter) so expect Fields, Logan and Phillips to abuse Blossom’s block.

The difference is their pins likely aren’t elite enough to take full advantage of Jhenna’s block. 

I said Texas in 4 and I still believe that. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, TwiceHorn said:

That's interesting.  I subscribe to the schedule on my google calendar.  It has the date but not the time.

Time is now filled in, so I guess it's a lock.  Glad I won't have to monkey around with ESPN apps to watch.  They're infuriatingly balky.

I think it's official, we win today and we play Nebraska tomorrow night.  They're already on almost an hour of rest and we haven't taken the court yet.  

19 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Did I see the series numbers between us is 11-8 with psu winning 11 straight? They may be in our heads. 

They have been a nemesis for sure.  Most recently, though, we have given them the business.  All more or less before any of these gals were sentient.