2020 Texas Volleyball (Hopefully)

LTtxfan

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

So this invites the question, why the looong delay between selection and first rounds, generous delay between second and third rounds, and what's the hurry now?

The long delay was to get everyone to Omaha, tested and bubbled. 

Then back to back rounds, day off, back to back rounds. Will be 2 days off, then Final Four. Day off. Champ game.  Think part of it was timing to get the champ game on a Saturday night. 

32 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

great question. If this match airs while I'm at work I'll be pissed. No reason for that

Looks like Wisconsin and Gata/tOSU is the 5:30 match and Pitt/Washington is 11am. I think we will be prime time 8pm matchup. 

Kentucky/WKy and Purdue/Oregon winner will likely get the afternoon 2:30 slot

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Just saw those highlights of corn v. Baylor. Weird seeing Lexi Sun with jet black hair, but she's playing well this tournament. Hopefully we'll be able to cool her off

Hopefully Stivrins, their middle blocker, is still out. She didn’t play today. 

6 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

#4 v #5 should be the most competitive of the matches tomorrow. And both teams playing are bluebloods + former rivals. Primetime makes sense for this match

Would be a crime if we aren’t prime time 

4 v 5

Big names 

Former rivals 

Lexi Sun v Logan Eggleston

The hometown team 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

well fuck. I should be able to stream some of the match during lunch tomorrow but not all of it

Tomorrow I think I’ll have some more COVID vaccine fatigue and just need a sick day.....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sorry.  I know this is an annoying question for the true TX followers on here, but what happened with Sun?  I see that she was at TX as a frosh.

Was unhappy. Transferred to Nebraska. Was a lot of “homesick” comments to justify leaving but didn’t even go back to the west coast. She has a well known volleyball helicopter dad 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Was unhappy. Transferred to Nebraska. Was a lot of “homesick” comments to justify leaving but didn’t even go back to the west coast. She has a well known volleyball helicopter dad 

One of the longest threads on volleytalk for a long time. "We just want Lexi Sun to be happy."  I think it became a bannable offense to bring it up again.  Kinda lulzy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sorry.  I know this is an annoying question for the true TX followers on here, but what happened with Sun?  I see that she was at TX as a frosh.

Again depends on who you talked to. One theory I heard was that her dad was unhappy about how many distractions there were in Austin.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of the longest threads on volleytalk for a long time. "We just want Lexi Sun to be happy."  I think it became a bannable offense to bring it up again.  Kinda lulzy.

I do remember that

Butler is the only one on the roster who ever played with Lexi, I believe