2020 Texas Volleyball (Hopefully)

LTtxfan

I find it hard to believe that in today’s world, there’s not been an uprising amongst the Top AD’s in the country to contact or organize an well funded PE Firm to essentially “buy out” the NCAA. 
Any institution that has had legislation “impressed” upon them by the Fed Gov for what is essentially unfair treatment of women (historically and as recent as 30 days ago!) should be “de-funded”.

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

So.....what was the point of having a "bubble" again?

Apparently JE said in his PC that teams were basically allowed to do what they wanted on off days. It was a “soft” bubble. Likely just to avoid travel around the country and get around schools who weren’t allowed to have or allowing fans ($$)

Texas was basically quarantining so far. A bunch of teams went to the Omaha Zoo.  Gotta respect JE not risking it - it’s a business trip, not a vacation. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

ESPN3. So normal watch espn or whatever.

Yeah, I’m always able to watch ESPN3 thru the ESPN+ subscription and app on my tv.  Now it’s saying “this content isn’t available for your package or region.”

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why are we playing on a Nebraska marked court?

My understanding is they borrowed 4 Taraflex courts (2 from Nebraska, 1 from Creighton and 1 from UNL-Omaha) for the convention center floors and will go to the neutral NCAA woods courts in the regional round 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 8:40 AM, NTVTXN said:

I find it hard to believe that in today’s world, there’s not been an uprising amongst the Top AD’s in the country to contact or organize an well funded PE Firm to essentially “buy out” the NCAA. 
Any institution that has had legislation “impressed” upon them by the Fed Gov for what is essentially unfair treatment of women (historically and as recent as 30 days ago!) should be “de-funded”.

Exactly who is it that you think is in charge of the ncaa?

The NCAA is a membership-driven association and is governed by more than 150 committees with almost 1,500 committee members from NCAA institutions and conferences.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=BOARD

https://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1PRESFORUM

So your idea is that athletic departments are going to usurp an organization led by the presidents of their own universities? The NCAA is the way it is today because that's the way the universities that comprise it want it. Its not some 3rd party organization imposing its will on helpless universities.

Mark Emmert serves at the discretion of the ncaa board of governors, who appoints the president. I'm guessing that for the most part Emmert does what the presidents of the member universities tell him to do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My understanding is they borrowed 4 Taraflex courts (2 from Nebraska, 1 from Creighton and 1 from UNL-Omaha) for the convention center floors and will go to the neutral NCAA woods courts in the regional round 

Yep, that appears to be correct with the other three games going on right now.