List of Must Read Political Books

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

image.png.7ff8ed2b944913b2c3c4c6c70fe333fa.png

Does an amazing job of drawing a through line of the lies and propaganda from 9/11 to the war in Iraq to Trump.

Spencer Ackerman is a fantastic writer; glad to see this mentioned.

He's also co-written with Evan Narcisse a four-part miniseries for DC Comics called Waller vs. Wildstorm, which is kind of like a fictionalized Cold War era Reign of Terror dealing with what happens when people who are essentially gods are involved. Three parts have been published with the fourth coming in February. Highly recommend for some relevant political/espionage fiction. Ackerman wrote a hype article for it here.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Decided to read something off the "banned books" list and holy shit this is the GOP/Trump blueprint.

Everyone who wants to understand what is happening today should read this.

image.png.5589b85b076be740dcb2eee4354513d8.png

I guarantee that Stephen Miller has. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I guarantee that Stephen Miller has. 

Yep.  There's so much focus on Trump, and rightly so, but this playbook has been in action long before he came to the forefront.  

Trump just happens to be the charismatic figure head they needed to pull it all together.  

And he needs them to keep himself out of jail.  Those pulling the strings don't care as long as he keeps up his end of the bargain.  It's truly a match made in Hell.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:07 PM, lemonlime said:

Here you go.
63261733698c082ec9d418c620648f6f.jpg

I'll add this one to my list. Snyder is a fantastic author. I'm in the middle of Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin right now. You know, I wanted something fun and light-hearted to read during the winter doldrums.