Timeless

pied

I highly doubt its going to survive past this season.  They really arent progressing through the overall story arc very quickly.   We know the endgame- catch the mothership and stop the time incursions, but the constant near misses is getting kind of nuts.

we just had 2 episodes in a row where the Rittenhouse sleeper agent has drawn down on the target, only to be shot from behind at the last possible second- this episode did it fucking twice.

I enjoyed the first season.   Didn't even realize it was back.   I thought I saw that it was cancelled.    Caught up on all season 2 eps over the last week or so and I'm back into it.    I thoroughly enjoy the little known historical references.   Particularly the portrayal of little known minority historical figures.   Only real issue I have is them bringing the wife back.   The timing and silliness of her now going on missions.

13 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

It's an enjoyable show. The writing isn't all that great and it can get pretty cheesy, but it is entertaining. It's probably better off as a 2 season show. I don't get the sense the writers have a ton of vision for how to continue to play out the original idea. 

If it gets a third season I bet they go to the future.

8 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

If it gets a third season I bet they go to the future.

That would make things interesting, but I keep wondering if they will find themselves in some kind of serious alt-history situation that takes them a season to unravel. Would be cheaper, and could be more interesting. 

I enjoy this show more than I thought I would when I first watched the premiere. I'm a sucker for time travel and history. Of course, time travel, by it's very nature, is vulnerable to plot holes... But it looks like the showrunners aren't trying too hard to explain all of them away... They just move on and keep having fun with it, which I actually appreciate.  I thought reintroducing the wife was a really good way to throw a wrench in when the hookup that everyone was expecting finally happened. Interested to see where this goes, but I agree, probably best to not try to extend this too far. 

So let's say Rittenhouse goes back in time and kills an historical figure in an effort to change history's course.  No problem, Lucy & Co. go back in time to a few days earlier and warn the target to lay low.  Problem solved.

I have a vague memory of one of the rules of time travel on this show is that once one of the crews goes back in time, the time is "locked" from being accessed for a specific time before  the first time ship arrives. 

I dont remember the timeframe, but assume something like several months?

Yeah, time travel in this world has a rule that you can't go back to the same time more than once so you only get one bite at the apple so to speak.

They can't just wait until after Rittenhouse has acted and then go back to undo that change because whatever Rittenhouse does would change the future and so in the present day, they would have no way to know what was changed. 

not so sure about the new twists.  although the moment the wife admitted she was hiding something, I said to myself "preggo" - too fking predictable.

although I am kinda surprised that the show writers didnt think of radically changing the timeline by sending in 3 guys loaded for bear with tactical M4's into either the Texan Revolution, Mexican War or Civil War until next week's Ep

You figure 3 guys plus the pod-pilot, each loaded with fifty 20-round clips, kevlar, night goggles and laser sights could royally screw up the opposing officer corps in old-school battle lines, and you could sit at 400 yards away and be relatively safe from counter-sniper fire. (and completely safe during the night)

put the shell catching bags on the side of the guns that reloaders use to catch their brass, so that way you dont contaminate the battlefield with 21st century shells. and then join the South, get to Little Round Top by yourselves on Day 1 of Gettysburg, and pick off every single Union soldier one at a time that makes their way towards the summit, and make sure the South have it occupied completely the morning of Day 2, forcing the Union to retreat as they would have lost the high ground. 

And then sit on the hill and literally snipe every single high ranking officer as they march by in retreat.

although the idea of time traveling mercenaries with modern weapons was already written about by Kevin Randle in Remember the Alamo back in 1986, and Harry Turledove in Guns of the South in 1992

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump as a reminder that the wrap-up show is just two days away.

On 10/29/2018 at 5:02 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Abigail Spencer's leaked pics are gold and great news about the two hour movie / series wrap up 

And I just stumbled across Abigail's videos online recently.  Three of them, very high quality and very NSFW. 

Search and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...