Herman Firing Player Reaction Metathread

immamac

On 1/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, Machinator said:

The negative recruiting bullshit from our players needs to stop. I really hope Sark has a pulse on the locker room.

They didn't get everything they wanted. Remember all this shit?

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/education/ut-austin-football-players-demand-school-rename-buildings-named-after-racist-figures-donate-to-black-lives-matter/287-c8907826-42ee-4d57-bf95-b75f6a96f1de

they are asking UT to cut ties with the Austin Police Department and campus police and adopt inclusive practices in recruiting and selecting UT faculty. UT leadership said it would respond to those demands in the coming weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

We are not relitigating that whole thing here AND in the coaching staff thread - it's basically Cloak Rooming at this point. Let's hope it's a new era and move on unless something happens.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

We are not relitigating that whole thing here AND in the coaching staff thread - it's basically Cloak Rooming at this point. Let's hope it's a new era and move on unless something happens.

Agreed, my bad... Sark went through similar at Bammer and they came out of that unscathed so hopefully that's the standard. 

57 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Agreed, my bad... Sark went through similar at Bammer and they came out of that unscathed so hopefully that's the standard. 

At the end of the season, much of that shit was forgotten. I think LSU is the one program still reeling from O's stupid ass response. Aggy student body and alumni basically revolted against the players and that's all but forgotten.

Caden looks to be the one casualty from the social justice stuff but some of it may have been just he didn't like Herman. Mitchell was all SJ and haven't heard a bleep from about that shit since the season ended.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:05 PM, SquishMitten said:

There’s a contingent of people who believe Saban may be retiring after this season

On 1/3/2021 at 2:09 PM, ztejas said:

*raises hand*

On 1/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

That'd be pretty surprising to me, Saban isn't *that* old. But stealing Bama's OC and OL coach the same year Saban retires would be pretty funny. Blake Brockermeyer would be beside himself.

I think he goes 1 more year.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, Hiphopopotamos said:

Honestly I'd probably be more worried if players didn't support the position coaches that worked with them day in and day out.  Its frustration on twitter - nothing more.

And if it is more than that the new staff will take care of it.  Players have a free pass to portal wherever they find a spot.  If some players truly can't get over the idea of playing for a new coaching staff at Texas they have options.

As soon as the new staff is in place and had has a chance to meet with players - and set out what their expectations are for each of them - I don't think there will be any issues.

This of course assumes that Sark doesn't come in and immediately berate them and tell them what shitty human beings they are.

Haven't kept up with it/seen much, but did this really happen with Herman?  To what extent? I keep seeing posters alluding to this, but dang how did it not become widespread knowledge earlier?

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Haven't kept up with it/seen much, but did this really happen with Herman?  To what extent? I keep seeing posters alluding to this, but dang how did it not become widespread knowledge earlier?

Not sure if they were his first words or not, but it has been reported that during the introductory team meeting there were players who were slouching and Herman yelled at them to "sit the fuck up."

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure if they were his first words or not, but it has been reported that during the introductory team meeting there were players who were slouching and Herman yelled at them to "sit the fuck up."

I think Herman’s had a charmed career until now. He didn’t go through typical struggles and learning curve so he was just throwing shit at the wall like the cold/burned breakfast, piss color testing, the grill/baseball bat stuff etc. everything is awesome and works out great when you win games. Folks don’t like that stuff when you lose.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I think Herman’s had a charmed career until now. He didn’t go through typical struggles and learning curve so he was just throwing shit at the wall like the cold/burned breakfast, piss color testing, the grill/baseball bat stuff etc. everything is awesome and works out great when you win games. Folks don’t like that stuff when you lose.

Was Herman still doing that burned toast and watery eggs bullshit? I don’t remember hearing much about that after his first off season at Texas. 

No, i was just referencing schtick he's thrown out there during his short career.  I realize there was a time recently where every coached seemed to have some stupid theme for each season such as building a wall, etc.  His a couple years ago was the poker thing.  Again silly stuff that you do and people buy into if you win, but gets old and tiresome when you don't