Herman Firing Player Reaction Metathread

immamac

Do new coaches usually automatically release everyone from their LOI? That seems dumb. If a player has concerns and wants to be released then they should make the coaching staff aware of that, right? 

I mean - in support of my stance (lol):

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do new coaches usually automatically release everyone from their LOI? That seems dumb. If a player has concerns and wants to be released then they should make the coaching staff aware of that, right? 

I mean - in support of my stance (lol):

If they really want to leave, they'll usually let them, but they have to get through the new coach's sales pitch first.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

If they really want to leave, they'll usually let them

Right. That's what I was saying and seems the prudent thing to do. Straight up releasing every signee right off the bat seems completely regarded. Especially at a school like Texas that still gets program recruits. It's not like if Deion Sanders or Mike Leach got fired from their gigs and a new coach was brought in. 

18 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

It's common knowledge that Strong's guys fucking hated Herman, and that includes Sam imo, who was originally a Charlie commit. I'm more interested in how guys who committed to Herman feel.

It wasn't just Strong's guys. I also heard from my spies on campus that the current players hated Herman. 

Edited by TreatyOak

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The 2022 recruiting class that had two decommits and no momentum?

I know that he's talking about the decommits. Saying the class "isn't looking good" is silly. None of those kids are even close to signing. Plenty of schools don't have more than one or two guys even committed right now. 

He could have just said the Ewers decommit.

Just now, ztejas said:

I know that he's talking about the decommits. Saying the class "isn't looking good" is silly. None of those kids are even close to signing. Plenty of schools don't have more than one or two guys even committed right now. 

He could have just said the Ewers decommit.

He's not allowed to comment on specific recruits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He's not allowed to comment on specific recruits.

Holy shit it's Machinator. 

His hand wringing over the 2022 class and acting like CDC's vote of confidence somehow doomed us there is ridiculous. Would firing Herman in October have been better for 2022 recruiting? Would not making a statement have been better, even though Herman was getting fired either way? The new HC would basically be starting from scratch on 2022 anyway.

And Ewers decommited well before CDC's statement. Many think Ewers decommited BECAUSE of Herman. 

So again, wtf is he talking about?

*and no - he wasn't paraphrasing CDC. He was whining about the VoC.

Edited by ztejas

20 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean I get that its 2020 and nothing means anything anymore but they already signed their LOI and are enrolling early

Change your calendar, and I assume he means they’d take advantage of the one time transfer rule now in place. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

It's common knowledge that Strong's guys fucking hated Herman, and that includes Sam imo, who was originally a Charlie commit. I'm more interested in how guys who committed to Herman feel.

Yeah but by and large, strongs guys fucking sucked. Wanted to be coddled by their coach while going 5-7 as opposed to going and winning. Say what you want about Herman, but players hating him or not he at least had some respectable seasons. He/his staff also put guys like omenihu and Elliot in a position to win awards and get drafted. So despite those guys hating him, Herman coming here was a positive for them.

11 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Yeah but by and large, strongs guys fucking sucked. Wanted to be coddled by their coach while going 5-7 as opposed to going and winning. Say what you want about Herman, but players hating him or not he at least had some respectable seasons. He/his staff also put guys like omenihu and Elliot in a position to win awards and get drafted. So despite those guys hating him, Herman coming here was a positive for them.

Ok? I have no idea how that’s a response to what I posted. I said I was interested in how players who committed to Herman feel, and not so much the guys who committed to Strong.

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Change your calendar, and I assume he means they’d take advantage of the one time transfer rule now in place. 

They committed in 2020, and I don't think the one time transfer rule applies to recruits. Regardless they are gone, that bridge has been burned.

Edited by Michael Knight

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

They committed in 2020, and I don't think the one time transfer rule applies to recruits. Regardless they are gone, that bridge has been burned.

Only way would be getting out of their LOI due to position coach (possibly) and OC leaving. But, why would anyone leave Bama’s 2021 recruiting class? I’m fairly certain there may be a few championships in their future.

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

They seem sad. Most have posted thanks to Herman for giving them their shots. And that they want current staff to stay around. But i don’t think it will happen in most cases

• Hook 'Em 1