2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Looking at some stats, Rangers have the best ERA in the AL for the starters at 3.16 and next to worst in AL reliever ERA at 5.59 [Tigers at 6.99, ouch].

OPS is next to last in AL at .644 just ahead of the Yankees at .640.  The slugging is killing them, they are just below middle of the AL in average and OBP.

Next to last in AL in run differential at -14 [Tigers -28].  [A weird outlier is the Twins -2 differential with a 6-10 record].  

Folty goes today, he has been their worst starter, 0-3 in his starts, his record is 0-3.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Looking at some stats, Rangers have the best ERA in the AL for the starters at 3.16 and next to worst in AL reliever ERA at 5.59 [Tigers at 6.99, ouch].

OPS is next to last in AL at .644 just ahead of the Yankees at .640.  The slugging is killing them, they are just below middle of the AL in average and OBP.

Next to last in AL in run differential at -14 [Tigers -28].  [A weird outlier is the Twins -2 differential with a 6-10 record].  

Folty goes today, he has been their worst starter, 0-3 in his starts, his record is 0-3.

Good stuff. So far, they kind of remind me of a not as good version of old Astro teams I followed as a kid and teenager during the '70s - good to very good pitching and defense but an overall weak hitting line-up that struggled to score and had to try to scratch out a few runs in any way possible to support some really good pitching and defense. 

I'm amazed they're pitching this well through the first few weeks. I don't expect it to last but it.  

If we go into next year with Gibson, Arihara and Dunning id feel pretty good about that.  Even though this success isn't sustainable.  

I just want to look at this team after 162 and see some clarification about who these guys are and maybe some Jung excitement.

34 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Anyone starting to get a little worried about Gallo? 72 PA 1 HR, 0 doubles or triples. Though I do like his OBP (.444).

Edited by Jameslaw121

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Anyone starting to get a little worried about Gallo? 72 PA 1 HR, 0 doubles or triples. Though I do like his OBP (.444).

he just walked for the 18th time in 18 games...hes leading the MLB in walks. He has walked in the past 21 games dating back to last year

18 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Aside from there seriously being no one on the team to protect Gallo, I just think he is what he is.   He’s seeing the ball better (hence the walks), but he’s never gonna be a .260 guy.  Best hope is a .240 guy that walks 140 times and hits 35 HR.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Aside from there seriously being no one on the team to protect Gallo, I just think he is what he is.   He’s seeing the ball better (hence the walks), but he’s never gonna be a .260 guy.  Best hope is a .240 guy that walks 140 times and hits 35 HR.  

I'm not sure about that, yet. A few guys on this team - Garcia, Lowe, and Solak - are beginning to look like pretty good hitters. 

1 minute ago, Restinmybones said:

I'm not sure about that, yet. A few guys on this team - Garcia, Lowe, and Solak - are beginning to look like pretty good hitters. 

Beginning is the key.  Why pitch to Gallo when you can make a younger, less dangerous hitter make you pay.   They will continue to not pitch to Joey until the young guys consistently succeed in making them pay.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Beginning is the key.  Why pitch to Gallo when you can make a younger, less dangerous hitter make you pay.   They will continue to not pitch to Joey until the young guys consistently succeed in making them pay.  

Yeah... and it is very early in the long major league season. I've never been an optimist. I'm just happy to see the Rangers show a pulse. 

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

This is what I've been thinking. The walks are great, but I think that's more a product of the Ranger's offense as a whole. I hoping all these walks and some of the other players doing better than expected may cause him to hit some HR's in bunches. But right now, he's a .222 hitter on pace to hit about 10 HR.....