What Time Is It? It's Permanent Daylight Saving Time

Bama Llama

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

people are actually upset that the earth is tilted as much as it is but they don’t realize it. 

Tilted, you say?

10548337_1023725110976119_76310467621278

I have no idea how this connects to the planet earth, or permanent DST, but you're the one who brought this up, so YOU explain it.

• Drool 1

How about we split the difference, move the clocks 30 min come Fall, and then leave the clocks alone moving forward.   We get a little benefit of both Standard and Daylight time,  please no one completely,  and continue our march to Civil War 2,  Electric Boogaloo.

21 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also, if you stay with standard time all year, then the sun comes up at 5 am or some shit in the summer.

yeah, and so what. i lived with that in Japan, and it took me a week to acclimate. of course it takes me a week to acclimate to our clock changes as it is. it's the sudden change that bothers me. if we stayed on standard time all year, you'd be used to it by the time the sun comes up at 5am. 

to me, though, it doesn't really matter. i think there's this idea out there that if the sun comes up earlier, we'll save on energy, which i guess could be true, if the sun sets earlier when we get home.

but i cannot think that the savings are massive. most people don't manage their thermostats for home and away in the first place. sun's up and the heat is on no matter what time we call it.

33 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

and since this is cloaky, i think this should be subject to international treaty. i'm sick of my boss in the uk having an extra hour to hassle me for two extra weeks of the year. even though he's a good guy, i get more work done in my afternoons.

yep. I worked in the US for a UK company with the extension of DST in 2007 and thereafter. Sucked when 7am meetings switched to 6am at certain times of the year. Personally I don't care what the time on the clock says but I hate it when different countries change or don't change at different times.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

The problem is that this bill would go to DST year round. There would no longer be Standard time, at least in most states.

They should have voted to do away with DST and go to Standard time year round. Like the founding fathers, God, and Baby Jesus on the Cross all intended.

edit: and yes, of course people just want to bitch.

You're very wrong about this. People want daylight with their kids after work, they want to go outside, enjoy the pool, barbeque dinner or even enjoy the sunset. Nobody does that stuff at 6am.  Mornings are the same for me no matter when the sun rises, and I couldn't care less about that time of day. 

If daylight saving time were always in effect.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/22979745/senate-daylight-saving-time-vote-good

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

You're very wrong about this. People want daylight with their kids after work, they want to go outside, enjoy the pool, barbeque dinner or even enjoy the sunset. Nobody does that stuff at 6am.  Mornings are the same for me no matter when the sun rises, and I couldn't care less about that time of day. 

If daylight saving time were always in effect.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/22979745/senate-daylight-saving-time-vote-good

And yet the same sleep scientists say you are very wrong about DST and I agree with them. It's great to not fuck with the clocks, I think most of us agree with that, but standard time is the correct answer. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/03/16/daylight-saving-bill-health-effects/?utm_campaign=ext_rweb&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=extension

alwaysineffect.png

Jfc. Just get drunk in front of the TV like a normal person.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gourmand said:

And yet the same sleep scientists say you are very wrong about DST and I agree with them. It's great to not fuck with the clocks, I think most of us agree with that, but standard time is the correct answer. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/03/16/daylight-saving-bill-health-effects/?utm_campaign=ext_rweb&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=extension

What makes those guys experts?  I've been sleeping for 37 years, I think I know a thing or two about it, and DST doesn't impact my sleep. 

• Hook 'Em 2