4 year old boy abducted and murdered in Dallas

Dennis Taylor

"Brown entered a man’s home and started going through all the rooms and closets. Picking up a kitchen knife, the man demanded that he leave. The homeowner managed to get Brown out of his home, but he came back and started kicking and damaging an interior door between the garage and home. The homeowner opened the door and Brown reentered, punching the man in the forehead, according to the affidavit.

It was then that Brown allegedly walked into the living room where the man’s 2-year-old granddaughter was sleeping. He grabbed her and started carrying her toward the laundry room at the back of the house near the garage door. Her grandfather demanded Brown let her go, but he continued with the child toward the door. Fearing Brown would take the child from his home, the man physically removed her from his grasp, according to the affidavit. The grandfather put the girl back on the couch then confronted Brown in the kitchen. Brown allegedly punched the man in the face then fled out the back door. "

and you DONT press charges . WTF ?!?!?

See the source image

• Like 3

On 5/31/2021 at 10:06 AM, nineliveslost said:

It was then that Brown allegedly walked into the living room where the man’s 2-year-old granddaughter was sleeping. He grabbed her and started carrying her toward the laundry room at the back of the house near the garage door. Her grandfather demanded Brown let her go, but he continued with the child toward the door. Fearing Brown would take the child from his home, the man physically removed her from his grasp, according to the affidavit.

I imagine one’s feelings for their grandchildren are very close to what one feels about their own children.  As in they’d be picking this guys parts up from all over the house if he tried that shit with one of mine.  Fuck outta here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Why is there even a choice to press charges in a case like that?  Assuming he called the cops and told them that story (or if he went to the hospital and told that story) it shouldn’t matter if he wants to press charges or not. Straight to jail, assuming there were cuts a d bruises to confirm story, so no bail while awaiting trial. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Why is there even a choice to press charges in a case like that?  Assuming he called the cops and told them that story (or if he went to the hospital and told that story) it shouldn’t matter if he wants to press charges or not. Straight to jail, assuming there were cuts a d bruises to confirm story, so no bail while awaiting trial. 

Unless it’s a pretty obvious case, no DA is going to waste their time pursuing something if they know the main/only witness will be uncooperative.

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Unless it’s a pretty obvious case, no DA is going to waste their time pursuing something if they know the main/only witness will be uncooperative.

Witnesses can be compelled to testify under threat of contempt which carries possible fines and jail time. And it's absolutely reasonable in a case like that where the perpetrator is clearly a threat to society. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Witnesses can be compelled to testify under threat of contempt which carries possible fines and jail time. And it's absolutely reasonable in a case like that where the perpetrator is clearly a threat to society. 

I don’t think that tool gets used very often. Part of it is a community thing. Police know if they force people to testify that often puts the witnesses’ life on the line and will open up even more violence later on.

All that said, this guy seems like a lone wolf and not a gang member. Surprising the cops didn’t pursue it further. Must have not had much evidence, or they just didn’t really care.

I've spent more time than Im comfortable admitting reading the Wikipedia pages of serial killers. One theme I have noticed is that most of them get caught relatively early on, serve a ridiculously light sentence or get released without anything coming of it, then they go on to commit numerous additional atrocities

Joe DeAngelo (East Area rapist) was caught twice, in 1975 and again in 1979. Since he was a cop they let him go. He went on to murder an additional 13 women at least as well as raping over 50.

Samuel Little was acquitted twice, went on to murder dozens more people. 

Ted Bundy was arrested in 1975 before they let him go, giving him the opportunity to murder at least 6 more people. 

Better just to shoot these fuckers the first time you catch them

22 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I've spent more time than Im comfortable admitting reading the Wikipedia pages of serial killers. One theme I have noticed is that most of them get caught relatively early on, serve a ridiculously light sentence or get released without anything coming of it, then they go on to commit numerous additional atrocities

Joe DeAngelo (East Area rapist) was caught twice, in 1975 and again in 1979. Since he was a cop they let him go. He went on to murder an additional 13 women at least as well as raping over 50.

Ted Bundy was arrested in 1975 before they let him go, giving him the opportunity to murder at least 6 more people. 

I totally agree.  I am sure that is why they murdered Eric Garner.   Selling loose cigarettes is a gateway crime.  

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I don’t think that tool gets used very often. Part of it is a community thing. Police know if they force people to testify that often puts the witnesses’ life on the line and will open up even more violence later on.

All that said, this guy seems like a lone wolf and not a gang member. Surprising the cops didn’t pursue it further. Must have not had much evidence, or they just didn’t really care.

Right, I agree with the general practice of not overusing it. But this guy is the bogeyman that law enforcement uses to get draconian laws supported all the time. Most kidnappings and child situations are by a family member or someone who knows the family well. This guy walked into a random house and tried to abduct a 2 year old. That is a huge public threat and they should have used it in this case. I think we're on the same page with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Hundreds of thousands of people every year commit similar petty crimes and never escalate it into anything more. Do we execute them too?