2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

With the portal the way it is, we can easily find an OH rental for a year. I’m really not concerned. I’ll miss Sky Money but there’s OH galore who would be successful in this program and bring some added leadership and defense. Better if it’s a 6 rotation OH grad transfer. They exist. I’m sure we are doing work, since we’ve already addressed 2 big issues in 2021 (setter and libero)

I hope the “rent-an-OH” strategy pans out for 2022. (Not saying it won’t.)

Easier to explain in the context of middle school gym volleyball.  Six players on the floor, rotating clockwise through the serve, right?  Each player occupies one of the six zones and plays the associated position and rotates through them
LF/4 MF/3 RF/2
LB/5 MB/6 RB/1

Kudos on the simple explanation for “six-rotation”!

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Apparently we are very interested in Hord from Penn State (MB transfer).  Potentially play her in Butler’s spot, keeping Molly on the RS and Eggleston/Parra would both be 6 rotation OHs. 

While Hord would be an excellent transfer, I'd rather move Molly to the MB position.  She just doesn't have the arm to terminate out-of-system sets to the right pin. I do think she has a fast enough arm swing to run the quick and the gap sets, so she may not "kill" a ball like Butler, but she'll score points in a different way. 

Last night's championship match showed the importance of ball control and being able to get the ball up to the setter near the net to run a diversified offense and to have terminal right and left pin hitters. 

Fleck should help Texas' most important need in ball control, but we also need a terminal right pin hitter. I think Devyn can fill that role. 

• Like 1