2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

You're Barney Fife without a bullet here. I don't care what you think of me, or my posts, or whatever lack of credibility you perceive me as having. 

Here's some free advice. There's little to no activity regarding Texas volleyball on surly. Js1 practically single handedly keeps the conversation going, oftentimes to crickets chirping. He's frankly a godsend regarding many of the "other sports" for which I'm grateful.

But if you don't want to hear more about Lexi, practically the worst thing you can do is whinge about people obsessing about Lexi. Now, if you want to put yourself at the center of a confrontational interaction, sure. You're nailing it.

But if your true interest is driving the conversation in a different direction, simply post an interesting analysis about a different subject. There are a thousand and one narratives to be discussing about this year's team. Lexi Sun is absolutely one of the least interesting. On that we can agree. But I absolutely think one of the more fascinating is how Texas as a program has moved on and improved in practically every area, both on the court and in perception since she left, which seemed incongruous at the time. If you think of that as "obsessing" go right ahead. I really don't give a shit.

Texas plays A&M tomorrow night. No one has posted anything about that match yet. Here or volleytalk. Including me, so don't think I'm pointing fingers at anyone. Texas plays Rice next week. Both of these matchups scream interesting narratives. Conference play starts right after that. The Big 12 has had a really good pre season, and is in position to possibly land up to 6 tournament teams if things fall right. Including 2 top 8 seeds. There have been several eye popping upsets around the country. The ACC looks dominant for the first time in...well...ever. Texas is ranked #1. The Big 12 has a different schedule this year, where Texas will have to go on the road for consecutive matches against Iowa State, Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech, instead of the usual home and home. Then there's the roster, the 3 recent commitments, the scholarship count, the state of the team.... The list goes on and on. Have at it. I guarantee you if you post something with some thought in it - you'll drive the conversation in the direction you want it to go, and away from Lexi. 

Or take some more snarky shots at me. I'll enjoy that, too.

Edited by SL Xpress

A&M is 7-2 but those 7 wins are: Fairfield, Cal Poly in 5, TAMUCC, UH, Albany, UTSA, Texas State.  They got swept by Hawaii and lost in 5 to Marquette. 

I'm not deathly worried about aggy tonight.  

And yes, the ACC had a great night last night - FSU took down UF in 4 and Louisville got past Kentucky in 4.  L'ville is #5, so it wasn't an upset.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

A&M is 7-2 but those 7 wins are: Fairfield, Cal Poly in 5, TAMUCC, UH, Albany, UTSA, Texas State.  They got swept by Hawaii and lost in 5 to Marquette. 

I'm not deathly worried about aggy tonight.  

And yes, the ACC had a great night last night - FSU took down UF in 4 and Louisville got past Kentucky in 4.  L'ville is #5, so it wasn't an upset.  

Isn't the game tomorrow?

Wtf... Click on Texas Volleyball thread and there's a fuckin' Derka wannabe rant

Geez

#1 in the nation is great for me...  🤘 

1. Texas (1)

Texas Volleyball

The Longhorns remain on top of my Power 10 rankings, just as they started out in the preseason rankings. This team earned its spot on top after making it to the title game last season, returning everyone, and starting out this year undefeated. In their latest win, Skylar Fields led with 18 kills followed by Logan Eggleston's 15 and Brionne Butler's 12. As always, a dangerous, experienced group. 

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texfan11 said:

IMO It seems our block isn’t getting set well enough - it is making back row defense so much harder. (plus obviously the missed serves are rough)

I think there have been a few iffy calls, and I’m wondering if those are shaking them up more than usual with it being at A&M

Block heard you. It’s woken up 

Just now, Js1 said:

Our middles want to touch every ball and really fuck our defense sometimes.  Someone is coming to dig it behind them and either isn’t communicating or idk and they stab at it 

Yeah, that's been bothering me the past couple of matches...if they are going to do that, at least bump it high and into the court.

1 minute ago, TexasDPT said:

Yeah, that's been bothering me the past couple of matches...if they are going to do that, at least bump it high and into the court.

I’ve noticed it a lot. Brionne did it when Molly was coming up to dig it right behind her