Pitt @ Tennessee 11am ESPN

WBT

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Pitt with some GD-style sideways passing goes 3 and out on their first drive

I just don't understand Mark Whipple and his play calling to start games, and coming out of halftime. The side to side stuff is such crap, especially when we have a QB that can throw the ball down the field. As the game wore on we did throw down the field, and it worked.

The kids deserve credit for withstanding the early onslaught. Tennessee made some big plays, Pitt made more. The lack of a running game is frustrating. I am not certain that it is just an unwillingness, or lack of interest, to run the ball with power. When the clock needed run down at the end our backs did move the sticks running.

It was not a perfect game but, it was a win. The defense gets after the QB, five sacks today, a couple fumble recoveries and an INT, plus, a 4th down stop from the one. 

We have a chance to pretty good, not great but, pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

So glad Pitt went back to those color schemes. 

Last week before the game in the booth the AD was there, along with the fellow who gave the $20-million donation, and I made sure to mention to the fellow about how beautiful our uniforms look in the light of day, and wondered why we would ever make a change. I made sure to be loud enough for the AD to hear me.