Dallas Stars 2021-2022 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Listening to Sekera on the post game. I'm not so sure how many guys are going to China. 

I don't think the players are thrilled with the idea of losing the freedom of earlier Olympics. They know the bubble. I don't think there's a big push to go. Then there's what happens if you get hurt or sick. What then? I suppose the NHL players can afford to get the care they want, but what of the others?

Oh and he has been called Rej. Andredge. What league was it he said? It wasn't some big southern dummy. That was a yankee redneck. 

Winning is soooo much better than losing.

I went to the game tonight. First live sporting event since a Stars game right before Covid back in 2020.

Anyways, one of the guys with us said we were trying to tie the team record for consecutive wins at seven. I couldn’t believe that was right so I looked it up. Surprisingly, it was. They’ve done it a handful of times and the unbeaten string is like 15 games but damned if they didn’t just tie the winning streak tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Listening to Sekera on the post game. I'm not so sure how many guys are going to China. 

I don't think the players are thrilled with the idea of losing the freedom of earlier Olympics. They know the bubble. I don't think there's a big push to go. Then there's what happens if you get hurt or sick. What then? I suppose the NHL players can afford to get the care they want, but what of the others?

Oh and he has been called Rej. Andredge. What league was it he said? It wasn't some big southern dummy. That was a yankee redneck. 

Winning is soooo much better than losing.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, but sounds like we need an Olympic hockey thread

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I went to the game tonight. First live sporting event since a Stars game right before Covid back in 2020.

Anyways, one of the guys with us said we were trying to tie the team record for consecutive wins at seven. I couldn’t believe that was right so I looked it up. Surprisingly, it was. They’ve done it a handful of times and the unbeaten string is like 15 games but damned if they didn’t just tie the winning streak tonight.

Fuck yes. Awesome you got to go again after all this time. As a denizen of the liberal cesspool that is Austin, it's harder for me to make games, but i hope to this season

On 12/4/2021 at 12:51 AM, wood said:

... and iirc that streak started the game after the players-only meeting. Fucking insane what they've done since then.

And the last 2 games have featured 2 of the most awesome hockey highlights I've ever seen. (Holtby with the 3 ridiculous saves in a row, & Pavelski's posterizing assist. Unreal.

There was the players-only meeting.  And then Bowness was on the Hardline on the Ticket the next day with some cryptic comments--something to the effect of "I know what the problem is, and we're going to fix it."  They kind of pressed him, and he gave something generic.  But it was clear that he was seeing something very specific that has been ironed out.

But goddamn--don't look at the standings now.  We have to keep winning games, because there are a whole bunch of teams right there with us at 28 points (and a couple others right behind at 27).  Lose a couple games, and you'll quickly find yourself down there nestled among the likes of LA and Chicago in the wild-card race.

18 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, but sounds like we need an Olympic hockey thread

Fuck yes. Awesome you got to go again after all this time. As a denizen of the liberal cesspool that is Austin, it's harder for me to make games, but i hope to this season

Several thoughts together. 

1) Sekera is cooler than I thought. He got his nickname of Rej because some unnamed coach couldn't say Andrej right.

2) He was not fired up for the Olympics. He mentioned the ongoing pandemic, but imo alluded to the overall healthcare concerns. There was also reluctance to return to a bubble environment, which would be required.

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We’re passing up open looks. Just take the shot instead of making an extra pass trying to set up the perfect shot. We need to get some offensive zone time. 

agreed, super passive on breaks. put on net and things will happen

Kind of digging the tnt shot speed behind the goal after a shot.

The last 2 minutes were painful in the 2nd. SOG is terrible. Holt can’t deal with another period of this bullshit. D is sucking shit through a straw. 91 finally did something. And leave Jason on the ice the entire 3rd period. He will be fine.