Dallas Stars 2021-2022 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

so are we making the playoffs or is this all just a tease?

we're only barely halfway my dude. a lot can happen in the next 40 games

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We’re tied with Calgary for the 8th spot, so 2 pts in regulation tonight wouldn’t suck. 

yup. gotta start stringing some win streaks together and making ground with games in hand

You can now own this house. Looked at it on Zillow and it looks like all the carpet has been ripped out. Probably a good idea.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/02-02-22-home-heavy-metal-musician-Vinnie-Paul-Abbott-Pantera-for-sale-750k-1209-hickory-valley-ct-arlington/#slide=0

“During an infamous incident at Paul’s Arlington home, Dallas Stars hockey player Guy Carbonneau supposedly tried to toss the NHL’s Stanley Cup, which the Stars won in the 1998-99 season, from the home’s balcony into the backyard pool. By one account, the trophy landed on the concrete around the pool and not in the water. The stunt reportedly put a three-inch dent in the roughly three-foot-tall, 37-pound Stanley Cup, perhaps the most recognizable trophy in pro sports”

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

You can now own this house. Looked at it on Zillow and it looks like all the carpet has been ripped out. Probably a good idea.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/02-02-22-home-heavy-metal-musician-Vinnie-Paul-Abbott-Pantera-for-sale-750k-1209-hickory-valley-ct-arlington/#slide=0

“During an infamous incident at Paul’s Arlington home, Dallas Stars hockey player Guy Carbonneau supposedly tried to toss the NHL’s Stanley Cup, which the Stars won in the 1998-99 season, from the home’s balcony into the backyard pool. By one account, the trophy landed on the concrete around the pool and not in the water. The stunt reportedly put a three-inch dent in the roughly three-foot-tall, 37-pound Stanley Cup, perhaps the most recognizable trophy in pro sports”

saw that yesterday. $750k. oof. pretty ugly, but not sure what I expected

This was my favorite part. 

“Pantera became well-known within the rock music community for raucous alcohol-fueled parties while on tour and back at home. The Abbott brothers consumed and popularized an alcoholic drink known as the ‘Black Tooth Grin’ that consisted of Crown Royal or Seagram 7 whiskey and Coca-Cola,” according to a biography of Paul published by the Texas State Historical Association.

Um, pretty sure that’s just a Crown & Coke. 

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

but i like klinger

he's been massive for us

this isn't like dak or zeke contracts

Same. I like Klingberg and remember the days when we horribad on the blue line. I know he's disappointed the Stars haven't stepped up to the plate on an extension. I hope we do because I think he has value. Trade Seguin -- I almost forget he's on the team. Klinger has more long-term value than Tyler, who is probably unmoveable.