Summer Transfer Window - 2018 Version

Jograves

On 5/23/2018 at 9:09 AM, travelingtexan said:

nooooooooooo I know Bayern are really interested but they just arent a big fan of huge splash signings. Instead they extended Ribbery.

Poor Bayern. Just have to settle for Leon Goretzka I guess.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:59 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Ajax is finalizing the signing of Lisandro Magallán from Boca Juniors. He’s the replacement allowing them to sell 18 year old CB Matthijs de Ligt for about £50m. City and Spurs are the two teams heavily linked with him.

Juventus also involved.

Per dimarzio Tbo and CFC have broken off contract talks. He then goes on to say Allison is who CFC is targeting.

After concluding for Marcano (who landed in Rome today), Roma are ready to settle the questions surrounding their backup goalkeeper situation. With Skorupski on his way out, the new name is Alex Meret, who had a good second half to the season. The 21 year old became a protagonist for SPAL, as he backstopped a successful run for Serie A survival. His playing rights are owned by Udinese and Roma have already initiated contact for the goalkeeper. It would be an important investment for the future. It would be also as a precaution because Alisson has received offers from Liverpool, Real Madrid and Chelsea, who definitely broke off negotiations for Courtois. The Belgian goalkeeper is of interest to both Real Madrid and Liverpool. The Blues must sell Courtois right away or risk losing him for nothing. Alisson is the first name on their list.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Also Lewandowski has told Bayern he is done.

Saw that.

He should go to Real. Real should keep Bale. Real should sell CR7 to China. Real should figure out what they are going to do with Benzema.

If Lewandowski doesn't go to Real, then he should go to the EPL with ManU or Chelsea being the best fits, but with Chelsea not in the Champions League, that probably won't happen. (He could also be a good fit for Arsenal, but again, no Champions League.)

I can't see Lewy going to PSG if Cavani is still there, plus he wouldn't want to play with Neymar, if he ends up sticking around. Neymar wants to be a #9/#11, not a #10. He left the assist role behind when he left Barcelona.

14 hours ago, MoJames said:

Per dimarzio Tbo and CFC have broken off contract talks. He then goes on to say Allison is who CFC is targeting.

After concluding for Marcano (who landed in Rome today), Roma are ready to settle the questions surrounding their backup goalkeeper situation. With Skorupski on his way out, the new name is Alex Meret, who had a good second half to the season. The 21 year old became a protagonist for SPAL, as he backstopped a successful run for Serie A survival. His playing rights are owned by Udinese and Roma have already initiated contact for the goalkeeper. It would be an important investment for the future. It would be also as a precaution because Alisson has received offers from Liverpool, Real Madrid and Chelsea, who definitely broke off negotiations for Courtois. The Belgian goalkeeper is of interest to both Real Madrid and Liverpool. The Blues must sell Courtois right away or risk losing him for nothing. Alisson is the first name on their list.

Is Alisson a huge upgrade over Courtois? Or is this more of a "his contract is up and he's asking too much" (AKA, Emre Can)

25 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Is Alisson a huge upgrade over Courtois? Or is this more of a "his contract is up and he's asking too much" (AKA, Emre Can)

Tbo has been flirting with Real Madrid for over 2 years and from a distance it appears his commitment to CFC was always a question mark.  He apparently was a part of the reason KDB was uncomfortable at CFC, that and Mou not giving him playing time.

I don't know what is going on, there was just a story released on chelseafc.com stating the stadium is put on hold as of today. Very brief and concerning tbh.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

I don't know what is going on, there was just a story released on chelseafc.com stating the stadium is put on hold as of today. Very brief and concerning tbh.

I figured that was more based on Roman's visa/citizenship problems.  Of course, that may lead to problems in the transfer market as well.

5 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I figured that was more based on Roman's visa/citizenship problems.  Of course, that may lead to problems in the transfer market as well.

It is. He's "saber rattling" right now. Why would you spend billions in a country that won't give you a work visa?

1 hour ago, JNip said:

With Zidane gone, Florentino Pérez is now going to spend lots and lots of €€€€€€€€. Zidane was the force behind continuity. 

Tottenham have a great CB we’d love to sell you and tell ManU to fuck off.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

Tbo has been flirting with Real Madrid for over 2 years and from a distance it appears his commitment to CFC was always a question mark.  He apparently was a part of the reason KDB was uncomfortable at CFC, that and Mou not giving him playing time.

I think he just wants to live in the same city as his kids.  I read an interview earlier this year where he indicated he would be happy to play for either Madrid team.  

At the bottom of the mornings Matt Law sky is falling piece

Chelsea are interested in Robert Lewandowski, Anthony Martial, Christian Pulisic and Jean Seri, but have doubts over the futures of Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois and Alvaro Morata.

And it isn't like City is spending money drastically different than anyone else.

DUzhh2KWsAAlf1x.jpg

2 hours ago, Jograves said:

He just last week signed a 5-year deal. I'd be surprised if Poch goes this summer. Really surprised.

Wonder if this is true...

Real Madrid are eyeing Tottenham boss Pochettino as a replacement for Zidane, who quit in an emotional press conference earlier this morning.

The La Liga giants have won the Champions League three years on the trot but a major summer overhaul now beckons.

Question marks linger over the futures of Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo, while a new boss is now Florentino Perez’s main priority.

Spanish outlet Diario Gol say Pochettino is Real Madrid’s No 1 choice to take over at the Bernabeu.

And they even claim he has a secret clause in his contract.

OOqNyTa.gif

40 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Oh Geez. The ol' secret clause.

Get ready Spurs fans for a steady stream of bullshit from Spanish media until Madrid settles on someone. Hopefully that someone is Alan Pardew or Sam Allardyce. 

Yep, the only people claiming Pochettino has a clause in his contract aren’t Spurs beat writers.

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Unless I’m reading that wrong they have a larger net spend than all but 4 clubs. 

well, it's not really showing net spend. it's showing transfer balance (bought vs. sold) and avg league points per game since 2008-09. man city has a significantly larger transfer deficit than any other big club, so you can probably assume that they spend way more than any other club by a longshot. at a lower average season ROI over the past 10 years to boot.

37 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

well, it's not really showing net spend. it's showing transfer balance (bought vs. sold) and avg league points per game since 2008-09. man city has a significantly larger transfer deficit than any other big club, so you can probably assume that they spend way more than any other club by a longshot. at a lower average season ROI over the past 10 years to boot.

Wut?

that’s literally the definition of net spend. 

51 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Wut?

that’s literally the definition of net spend. 

i should have said it's not showing gross spend but i got a C in accounting. either way it's probably safe to say that they outspend every other club in the world by a longshot, which i think was @MoJames tongue-in-cheek point. 

Edited by mr. littlejeans