2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Tech might be down 3 guards now @ Iowa State today. TJ Shannon hasn't played a game since 12/14, Mylik Wilson has been out even longer, and now there are rumors Kevin McCullar might have a high ankle sprain and won't play. That is brutal for us.

And ISU buddy of mine said he was poking around your boards and saw talk of potentially 3 other guys too.

Huge game for us here.  If we can't capitalize on that situation and get a necessary home win, our non-con run might be a little smoke and mirrors.  I think giving Baylor 40 minutes of all they can handle acquitted us some, but tonight is a game we absolutely need if we're going to hit 7-8 conference wins, because we sure as hell aren't going to win in Lubbock.

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

And ISU buddy of mine said he was poking around your boards and saw talk of potentially 3 other guys too.

Huge game for us here.  If we can't capitalize on that situation and get a necessary home win, our non-con run might be a little smoke and mirrors.  I think giving Baylor 40 minutes of all they can handle acquitted us some, but tonight is a game we absolutely need if we're going to hit 7-8 conference wins, because we sure as hell aren't going to win in Lubbock.

I've heard rumors of more as well but I can't confirm. If we're down to like 7 or 8 players I'm not sure why we're even playing the game. OSU got to postpone our conference opener, not sure why we can't do the same.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I've heard rumors of more as well but I can't confirm. If we're down to like 7 or 8 players I'm not sure why we're even playing the game. OSU got to postpone our conference opener, not sure why we can't do the same.

KSU had to play with 7 last night. 

32 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I know, and I didn't understand that either. Why was OSU allowed to postpone and KSU wasn't?

No idea.  None of the articles about the game mentioned if OSU had less than 6 players and 1 coach.  Have to think that was the case, since that is threshold for postponement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Oh, I wasn't aware there was an actual set threshold. That would make sense then I guess.

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article256802837.html

The Big 12 defined that type of postponement taking place “in the event a team has less than six scholarship players and one countable coach available for a game.” A school must send a form to the league office and conference opponent when aware of a potential roster limitation.

It was recently updated to avoid forfeits and no contests 

Lol c'mon bro at least keep it fair and don't hit miracle 3s on us right before the half

I bet that gets shaved down to a 2 over half. Sure looked like his foot was on the line to me.

I have a feeling people are going to fucking hate Kunc by the time the season is over. He’s goofy looking and takes a lot of charges, and plenty of them have been borderline.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We haven’t won a Big 12 game since before COVID. I don’t care how down Tech is tonight, if we win, it’s a moment worth celebrating on our end.

For sure, after last season you grab onto every win lol, I just wish it wasn't at our expense in this way. Playing at Hilton is tough as it gets even with a full strength team.

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This Tech team is fucking gritty, and given our offense’s start to the half, I’m not assuming we win.

It's a character game for sure. Do you give up and mope (like me) or fight like hell even though your chances of winning are slim? I'm sure Adams likes what he's seeing from what he's got right now. Fatigue and that Hilton magic will start kicking in soon though.

It's a character game for sure. Do you give up and mope (like me) or fight like hell even though your chances of winning are slim? I'm sure Adams likes what he's seeing from what he's got right now. Fatigue and that Hilton magic will start kicking in soon though.

Not if we go another 6 minutes without scoring

This could be an unraveling point for the entire season.

Which is still very arguably ahead of what we expected. They just toyed with us by going 12-0.

It’s like when Iowa got up to #2 in football. Everyone knew it was fool’s gold, but every Hawk fan I know started thinking “what if it isn’t?”.

Great game, Tech. Adams knows what he’s doing.

• Like 1