[Game Thread] Texas @ Iowa State on FS1

immamac

11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

So like I said, Gilbert, Heard and Card. The rest aren’t highly rated enough to elevate a program. And probably ranked far too high.  It’s a recruiting issue. 

You said that you would like to understand who the "blue chip QB recruits are, 'year after year'." Do we agree that the term "blue chip" refers to a consensus four- or five-star recruit? Do we agree that all those guys played at Texas? Over the course of several years? I'm trying to figure out which part you didn't understand.

• Like 2

that 4th quarter rally speech/huddle by sark was so telling.  you could tell not a single one of them gave a shit what he was saying.  they are on their way out (good honestly, fuck these players) and they dont give a fuck if they lose.  

i honestly think kansas beats us because our players will quit halfway through.  mentally weak, entitled babies

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Semantics!  Awesome. I’m not gonna argue with you any more, because you thought Cam Rising or Connor Brewer were going to be legitimate prospects, and you have a fundamental misunderstanding about how abysmal our QB recruiting has been since Vince Young. 

Except for Vince and Colt, our QB recruiting has been abysmal since Bobby Layne.  It took a switch to the wishbone to make James Street a good QB (and we dumped our previous starting QB-Bill Bradley I think).

13 hours ago, hookem48 said:

having the best olineman we've had in 16-17 years helped, along with a 4 year starting QB, and actual playmakers on defense.

O-line was a problem for Herman as well.  One guy didn't make a difference when the others get beat.

29 minutes ago, bullet said:

Except for Vince and Colt, our QB recruiting has been abysmal since Bobby Layne.  It took a switch to the wishbone to make James Street a good QB (and we dumped our previous starting QB-Bill Bradley I think).

Chris, and Major, and Ash, were all fine QBs.  Card needs time and help, as does Casey.   Swoopes, and Gilbert were bad, and Case was mediocre.

QB is not our issue.  It is the goddamn offensive line, and that makes them all look worse then they are.   Our receivers are pretty pathetic as a group, and if you told me they were only recruited by Tulane and North Texas, I would believe you.   Only 2 are worth a scholarship.   The rest could skip the remaining games and no one would even notice.

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn I wish Xavion Alford had stayed. He's a baller 

The question is would he be a baller if he stayed. Would he be making plays in this defense or be regressing with the rest of the team. In the one interception I saw last night, he was playing at the LOS.

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

The question is would he be a baller if he stayed. Would he be making plays in this defense or be regressing with the rest of the team. In the one interception I saw last night, he was playing at the LOS.

Yep, I thought the exact same thing, and to be honest with you he would probably not even be playing, and even if he did he would be taught shitty coaching and look like shit, so it's a moot point. This coaching staff is unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Semantics!  Awesome. I’m not gonna argue with you any more, because you thought Cam Rising or Connor Brewer were going to be legitimate prospects, and you have a fundamental misunderstanding about how abysmal our QB recruiting has been since Vince Young. 

It's not semantics, it's the actual meaning of the term 'blue chip' as pretty much everyone uses it. There's a pretty broad consensus that the term 'blue chip' roughly refers to consensus four- and five-star prospects. I think your understanding of the term is wrong.

I also never said I thought Cam Rising and/or Connor Brewer were going to be legitimate prospects: I gave you their names and their rankings along with other highly-touted blue chip QB recruits. So you're wrong about that as well.

And even though it's not what I'm arguing, I think your comment suggesting that Rising obviously wasn't a legitimate prospect is interesting because OU and Wazzu offered him. I'm honored to be talking to some random dude on surly who's a better QB evaluator than Lincoln Riley and Mike Leach. Or you're just, again, wrong.

I also don't see much point in arguing with you because you can't seem to type a single accurate sentence.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

QB is a clear issue. Casey is not a very smart QB, his talent is average, and while he can make plays, Card, a guy that has all the measurables, is the antithesis of a playmaker. These weaknesses matter when you have a bad line and bad WR corps. 

I disagree.  I don't think any QB can be successful with the line we have, not even VY.   Writing off Card is absurd and reactionary.   aggy was able to bring their mediocre QB along because they have a line that can actually do what lines are supposed to do, and his play improved dramatically.    We don't have a line that can allow for anything but heroball.  Even Bijan is suffering because of them.   

I just got back to my son’s and DIL’s place. The game was no better in person.
I am really worried about the 40-ish year old guy sitting in front of me. He arrived shitfaced drunk, and spent the entire dam game with his head between his knees:
Q1
3-B9953-CB-C957-467-E-8306-22-A0-FBBCF37-B.jpg
Q2
B2-BAB5-C6-849-A-45-D9-BF3-E-20-ED706-CB63-D.jpg

Halftime
AB8-BA884-D400-4259-A01-D-89573-A89-D3-CE.jpg
Q3
FE97-E858-806-B-4935-9-D5-A-FC777-D01-C77-B.jpg

He vanished early in Q4. He didn’t lift his head once, not even to change caps. I’m sure he would have passed had he watched a single play. 

Tom must have gotten a bad batch of coke. He then sobered up and laughed his way out of the stadium.