[Game Thread] Texas @ Iowa State on FS1

immamac

1 minute ago, troph said:

Our junior class (2019) is complete shit, analysis is floating around about how big of a bust that class was. We also lost our best juniors last year to the draft. There are strong arguments that it really is talent. These second half performances are shocking but anyone waiting to see what happens aren’t total morans.

The second half collapses are inexplicable.

But almost as inexplicable are the first half successes.  And a lot of that clearly IS coaching.

Honestly, what are the top issues? Coaching? Talent? Execution?

I see a lack of leadership from the coaches, a defined O and D leader. I see a lack of coaching and player talent as well. We all say it's those little things you do well but I am not seeing the big things done well. Yes, we have regressed and how do units, like the OL, not improve this many weeks in?

I firmly believe these young men are taught that as soon as you put on the burnt orange, you are elite. But where are the coaches telling them that that isn't the truth and this is what I need you to do to be successful?

Whatever is happening between Saturdays isn't translating on the field. I haven't given up on Sark because I feel we are looking at Herman with rose tinted glasses but where is the accountability from blown assignments, lack of effort or will, and not only giving your best but executing your assignments?

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m sure Card looks great going through his progressions against no defense in practice, but he might be the worst QB in real life football I’ve seen.   It’s like Gilbert all over again, except at least Gilbert would run.

Gilbert was pretty good at SMU and has stuck around the NFL and made a living. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, longhornmatt said:

I’m sure Card looks great going through his progressions against no defense in practice, but he might be the worst QB in real life football I’ve seen.   It’s like Gilbert all over again, except at least Gilbert would run.

you must be blind and have a short memory.

3 minutes ago, UTEngr said:

Everyone has given up..... the only hope I have at this point is that Sabin went 6-6 his first year at bama ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah that guy had already won a NC, our guy......has won an average of 7 games a season.  This is over.  its just running out the contract at this point.