Video: a rational, interesting discussion of politics

Gil Bang

A Democrat mouthplug was vomiting the usual Democrat talking points. I like when he said that people like Obamacare now that Obama is gone. What? It’s a shit healthcare system then and a shit one now. No one likes it. 

I think people think Democrats present rational arguments becsuse they don’t say anything incredibly insane like Republicans do, such as Arm the Teaches, Harden the Schools, or Kill the Queers. Which is fair. However, just because they don’t say asshole stuff doesn’t mean what they are saying isn’t a complete lie (like Obamacare is great)

Just now, Neonmoon said:

A Democrat mouthplug was vomiting the usual Democrat talking points. I like when he said that people like Obamacare now that Obama is gone. What? It’s a shit healthcare system then and a shit one now. No one likes it. 

I think people think Democrats present rational arguments becsuse they don’t say anything incredibly insane like Republicans do, such as Arm the Teaches, Harden the Schools, or Kill the Queers. Which is fair. However, just because they don’t say asshole stuff doesn’t mean what they are saying isn’t a complete lie (like Obamacare is great)

Obamacare is great for a lot of people.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You didn't watch much of the video. 

Begala had some really terrific insights.

21 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Obamacare is great for a lot of people.

Not for me and my family. Premiums went from $300/m to $1,300/m less coverage, higher deductible, nobody takes it.  Literally the bottom of the barrel for coverage.

Johnnysack keeps talking about all these great non compliant plans that are supposed to pop up and be cheaper but I haven't seen it. 

ACA is a fleecing of the middle class self employed.  They should have taken that corporate tax cut off the table and done something with health insurance.

It's a good video.  Almost gave me hope for the Democratic Party.  "Almost" meaning: I like his ideals, but then he couldn't name a party leader that he liked for 2020.  It reminds me that I can't either.

Edited by JBJ

16 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Not for me and my family. Premiums went from $300/m to $1,300/m less coverage, higher deductible, nobody takes it.  Literally the bottom of the barrel for coverage.

Johnnysack keeps talking about all these great non compliant plans that are supposed to pop up and be cheaper but I haven't seen it. 

ACA is a fleecing of the middle class self employed.  They should have taken that corporate tax cut off the table and done something with health insurance.

yes, Obamacare tipped over the apple cart.  what you fail to remember, or mention, is that you premiums went from $100 to $300 in the years prior.  every critic cites Obamacare in "my premiums have risen" but myopically forget that the reason for Obamacare was that premiums were rising.  skyrocketing in fact.   so what you should say, if you were honest, is that Obamacare has done nothing to reduce the rise of premiums.  but not blame the rise of premiums on Obamacare. 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Neonmoon said:

I like when he said that people like Obamacare now that Obama is gone. What? It’s a shit healthcare system then and a shit one now. No one likes it. 

what we like about it is the idea of it.  the fact that he stood up to the oligarchs and plutocrats and challenged the status quo.  it didn't work, it didn't accomplish much, it's upset the powerful in the system and they are making us pay for it, but what we like is that he stood up to them.  he tried. 

I think something similar would happen with gun control.  what we want is someone to be brave enough to do something.  anything.  be bold, lead.  it doesn't have to work, it doesn't have to fix everything, but take one small step to challenge the status quo.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Neonmoon said:

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

yes, Obamacare tipped over the apple cart.  what you fail to remember, or mention, is that you premiums went from $100 to $300 in the years prior.  every critic cites Obamacare in "my premiums have risen" but myopically forget that the reason for Obamacare was that premiums were rising.  skyrocketing in fact.   so what you should say, if you were honest, is that Obamacare has done nothing to reduce the rise of premiums.  but not blame the rise of premiums on Obamacare. 

That was not my experience. My premiums were steadily rising for years prior to ACA, but not on order of magnitude like after ACA.

Also it is misleading to only deal in percentages of increase without considering absolute cost relative to income.

Many employees have not seen the increases I have due to savvy employers negotiation and the ability to stagnate wages in lieu of paying more premium.

A program like ACA was needed but needs to be enacted when one party has a mandate and a a solid majority in both houses with an executive branch leading the way.

As it was we got a mutant half breed of a program when this can of worms got opened.

We needed an LBJ, FDR, or dare I say Reagan type of set up to do this.