The Blacklist

closetohumping

Wife was into it for Tom, so I humored her and gave it a watch. I really dig the “cultured” criminal genre though (Ocean’s series, White Collar, etc.), and Spader’s character is phenomenal. Just caught up on the latest season…

It’s formulaic, but early seasons were fun and episodes could generally stand on their own; supporting cast is solid, if unspectacular. A lot of cliffhangers, which kinda comes with the territory, but the show has really started to drag as they’ve tried to prolong the mysteries behind the grand plot. Elizabeth was always terribly acted, but now the whole show is annoying..it’s been eight fucking seasons, reveal some meaningful secrets already.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Wife was into it for Tom, so I humored her and gave it a watch. I really dig the “cultured” criminal genre though (Ocean’s series, White Collar, etc.), and Spader’s character is phenomenal. Just caught up on the latest season…

It’s formulaic, but early seasons were fun and episodes could generally stand on their own; supporting cast is solid, if unspectacular. A lot of cliffhangers, which kinda comes with the territory, but the show has really started to drag as they’ve tried to prolong the mysteries behind the grand plot. Elizabeth was always terribly acted, but now the whole show is annoying..it’s been eight fucking seasons, reveal some meaningful secrets already.

Yep.  Really dug the show for a while and will watch it if it's on.  The only thing keeping it somewhat together is Spader.  He's pretty damn awesome on this show, and in general.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  Really dug the show for a while and will watch it if it's on.  The only thing keeping it somewhat together is Spader.  He's pretty damn awesome on this show, and in general.   

13 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Spoiler

Buy the theory that Reddington is actually Katarina?

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Reveal hidden contents

Buy the theory that Reddington is actually Katarina?

Ha! I made that prediction multiple times over the course of Season 8 (just realized I need to catch up on S9), but that would be some seriously impressive cosmetic work given the Anne sidetrack.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Ha! I made that prediction multiple times over the course of Season 8 (just realized I need to catch up on S9), but that would be some seriously impressive cosmetic work given the Anne sidetrack.

With that show, any and everything is possible including:

Spoiler

Liz still being alive somehow

I found the show to be entertaining and an easy watch.  Could stop/start and still enjoy each show on its own.  First seasons were great and feel they did an ok job keeping the story line connected and moving in later seasons. Would recommend.

Odd Elizabeth fact:  Megan Boone's grandfather is a Billionaire and the creator of The Villages community in Florida.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I found the show to be entertaining and an easy watch.  Could stop/start and still enjoy each show on its own.  First seasons were great and feel they did an ok job keeping the story line connected and moving in later seasons. Would recommend.

Odd Elizabeth fact:  Megan Boone's grandfather is a Billionaire and the creator of The Villages community in Florida.

Agree, but they did get monotonous. Liz frustrated the fuck out of me.  Also, she did not age well imo.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I need to get caught up.  I straight lol’d synthetic the Covid mail-in and basically forgot the entire season leading up to it as a result.   

That was garbage.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, SuperSport said:

The finale of season 8 all but said it I thought. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Where the hell can you watch the start to Season 9.   I have pretty much every streaming service known to man and peacock only has episode 4-8 of season 9.   I can watch on Amazon but have to pay 2.99/ for episodes 1-3.   WTF?!?!?

I didn't even know there was a season 9 but that's weird. Do you have the most expensive subscription of peacock?
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Where the hell can you watch the start to Season 9.   I have pretty much every streaming service known to man and peacock only has episode 4-8 of season 9.   I can watch on Amazon but have to pay 2.99/ for episodes 1-3.   WTF?!?!?

Interesting, I watched them on Peacock.  I'll check to see if they still have them.  It's been pretty underwhelming though, the season I mean.

Edited by closetohumping