Shooters gotta shoot

Shooters gotta shoot or nah  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should my 13yo son play for an AAU coach that shot a guy outside a nightclub 5 years ago?

• Yep
    • Nope

I have worked against every instinct to not go full Earl Woods/Marv Marvinovich on my kids. But my son is a decent athlete and has shown some promise as a basketball player, especially in this past year. He tried out for an AAU team and was offered a spot. I googled the coach and it turns out he shot a guy outside a night club 5 years ago. Other guy got his thang out first and fired first. Coach had to go to his car, get his gun, and come back. Could not prove it was Coach's gun that fired the fatal shot because I guess so many people were popping off. No conviction. No other legal troubles or questionable shit popping up on the google. Should I let him play for this guy?

12 hours ago, Llogg said:

I have worked against every instinct to not go full Earl Woods/Marv Marvinovich on my kids. But my son is a decent athlete and has shown some promise as a basketball player, especially in this past year. He tried out for an AAU team and was offered a spot. I googled the coach and it turns out he shot a guy outside a night club 5 years ago. Other guy got his thang out first and fired first. Coach had to go to his car, get his gun, and come back. Could not prove it was Coach's gun that fired the fatal shot because I guess so many people were popping off. No conviction. No other legal troubles or questionable shit popping up on the google. Should I let him play for this guy?

Possible to get references from other parents, high school or college coaches ?     

2 hours ago, torre said:

Possible to get references from other parents, high school or college coaches ?     

Can't find a roster from previous years to try and track down parents. We haven't really been in the AAU scene so not sure how to find out contact info like that. My wife decided it would be good to expose the boy to "people from different backgrounds" so he's playing. Gonna work on running a zig zag pattern, duck and cover, playing with a vest on in the week or two before practice starts.

• Hook 'Em 1

First day of practice this is what you need to say to the coach:

"Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any crazy shit with us, you pull a piece out on the court, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass, and pull the fucking trigger until it goes click."

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2