Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

So the latest rumors have Alisson off to Madrid and us linked with Napoli's Thomas Strakosha. No idea the veracity of any of that, all I know is it's a bitch to deal with Napoli.

Strakosha is a big 23-year old Albanian. Feels more like a Karius than an Oblak, and I don't think any of us want any uncertainty in our next GK, but I also don't see Oblak actually happening.

LFC sign first-team striker today – Rhian Brewster.

Glad to see him staying at the club. All the talent in the world and a very good head on his shoulders. Klopp is not one to mess with a player's career and make false promises; if he said he's got a future here in the first team, he's gonna see the field sooner than later.

Pearce is retweeting a bunch of Fekir stuff. It's going through. He gave it away when he came off holiday to tell everyone Fekir passed the physical.

My conspiracy theory is Aulas had to look like the winner to his shareholders and agreed to it but it had to be official after the WC. We said sure go ahead and declare victory. We weren't going to get him on a pitch until after the WC anyway.

10 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Pearce is retweeting a bunch of Fekir stuff. It's going through. He gave it away when he came off holiday to tell everyone Fekir passed the physical.

My conspiracy theory is Aulas had to look like the winner to his shareholders and agreed to it but it had to be official after the WC. We said sure go ahead and declare victory. We weren't going to get him on a pitch until after the WC anyway.

I thought it was interesting the club was quiet when Lyon said it was over. I didn't see any quotes from LFC that our interest in Fekir had ended. 

16 hours ago, maninblack said:

Sure but we're not getting Oblak and if Madrid pips us for Allison then he's a perfectly fine option. Better than Karius and can most likely be had on the cheap.

Well hopefully we can just talk about it all summer, do nothing, enter the season with the question looming over the team's head and then find someone in the winter transfer market that will make it all better and save the day. I mean why can't it happen two years in a row right?..........................................

33 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Well hopefully we can just talk about it all summer, do nothing, enter the season with the question looming over the team's head and then find someone in the winter transfer market that will make it all better and save the day. I mean why can't it happen two years in a row right?..........................................

Announcer: It didn't happen

Danny Ings set for Anfield exit

Obviously you have to feel for the guy. Not sure he ever would've made a big impact, even without the horrible injuries, but either way it's good for everyone to move on. According to that article, he's attracted interest from Inter, RB Leipzig, and Leverkusen, but I'm pretty sure he'll end up at Fulham or something.

(In before qp)

Sounds like Shaqiri is nearly wrapped up. I don't hate the deal at all. He's a massive upgrade over the bench options we had available in the CL final and as evidenced whenever he puts on the Swiss shirt, he can be a fantastic player when motivated. I also like that he's a fiery dude who doesn't mind getting chippy; the eagle celebration vs. Serbia was fantastic.

I certainly hope we have another attacker or two in the works – Fekir still seems likely – but for the price I think Shaqiri would be a great signing.