Heardle

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Don't know the band and never have heard the song.  Other than that, it was real close...

Same! I had to ask our 19yo. She’s like that’s “____ ______, they’re horrible. Why are you listening to them?”

• Haha 1

#Heardle #124

🔊🟩

https://www.heardle.app

(parent of 7 and 9 year old girls)

i genuinely hate this song.  it has no redeeming musical qualities whatsoever in my opinion other than the professional mixing and post-production on it.  here's the most fucked up part for you people...it is the 3rd most streamed song ever on spotify.  it is one of 14 songs that has been streamed over 2 billion times (2.593B to be exact). 

to put that in context, if you added up all 29 songs on the beatles' white album and combined them, the number of streams would be 1.38 billion for all songs combined.  so the entire white album has half as many streams as this one piece of shit "song."  if you combined the number of streams on spotify for here comes the sun, come together, let it be, yesterday, and hey jude....you would have the same number of streams as this one track.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Interesting insight, however... what's the percentage of Beetle fans getting their fix off of spotify?

Would love to see the numbers on the inverse of these: How many Beetles fans own a physical recording of their Fab Four music.  How many Tones And I fans do?

7 hours ago, sidis said:

#Heardle #124

🔊🟩

i genuinely hate this song.  it has no redeeming musical qualities whatsoever in my opinion other than the professional mixing and post-production on it.  here's the most fucked up part for you people...it is the 3rd most streamed song ever on spotify.  it is one of 14 songs that has been streamed over 2 billion times (2.593B to be exact). 

to put that in context, if you added up all 29 songs on the beatles' white album and combined them, the number of streams would be 1.38 billion for all songs combined.  so the entire white album has half as many streams as this one piece of shit "song."  if you combined the number of streams on spotify for here comes the sun, come together, let it be, yesterday, and hey jude....you would have the same number of streams as this one track.

And this, my friends is how and partly why our world is going to shit. Like really quickly. 
I shouldn’t be surprised, but I am. 

I’m also a Girl Dad. Ours are 13yo and the aforementioned 19yo (Straight A’s/Dean’s Lister in her first year in McCombs 🤘🏻NO PICS!)- Anyway they’re not big pop music fans, so I’m not subjected to that crap.  I did however get my fair share of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry, Britney(!!), Kelly Clarkson and of course..One Direction…ugh.  

#Heardle #124
🟩

The singer seems to have some actual talent, so there’s that.

I have heard this song before on SiriusXM Spectrum…I just couldn’t remember the artist or the name. 
It’s typically a “punch out” for me. 
On the positive side, it does SOUND like music to me. Meaning- It’s not all synthesized and manufactured sounding.  I head drums, guitars, piano (which is probably a keyboard..?)

#Heardle #125

🔇

I still feel like I failed, here. I hardly ever hear second #1. I don’t own the album. I recognize it’s “importance” and place in music history. But this is one of those, if I never hear it again…”Meh. I’m ok with that” song (should probably go in the Unpopular Opinion thread, LOL)

#Heardle #126

🔉🟩

• Hook 'Em 1