Depressing NFL Draft thoughts

Fastbreak

23 hours ago, immamac said:

You chucklefucks that think we are going to be good next year are going to make this board unbearable this fall. Embrace the suck. Become one with the suck. Enjoy the suck. 

Be more like Kansas fans. 

Well okay, count me as at least a partial chucklefuck in that I think we will be better. I strongly believe the level of play the last two years was largely a result of a poor culture. As much as I liked the Bo Davis rant, and it was a big clue, it wasn't going to immediately change anything. A high turnover of personnel is a good start. I'll take a team of inexperienced but enthusiastic players over unmotivated Jr's and Sr's anytime.

In fairness you said "good", I think good would be 8 wins while many would say the bar is at 10 for any season.

17 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Heres a problem, Texas is largely run by Texans and Texas is mostly populated by fucking morons who don't recognize their own stupidity. Bloviating narcissist's that think they got where they are by being better than everyone else instead of mostly just luck and someone elses hard work.

So, did you get where you are by luck and someone else hard work? Of the successful people that I know, I don't know anyone where those factors were large components of their success. 

A lot of folks on here (especially on the echo chamber of CR) seem to love to use the big brush, but I think you may have graduated to the paint spryer or at least a roller.

• Like 1

The thing that kills me is how is Texas good to great in like, almost literally, every other sport we compete in except the one I care about most, football, and the one I care about the second most, men's hoops.

1 hour ago, 927 E. 41st said:

So, did you get where you are by luck and someone else hard work? Of the successful people that I know, I don't know anyone where those factors were large components of their success. 

A lot of folks on here (especially on the echo chamber of CR) seem to love to use the big brush, but I think you may have graduated to the paint spryer or at least a roller.

Eh, most people are pretty lucky in a sense and just don’t like to admit it for whatever reason. You’re lucky to be born healthy or to not have any major illness or to not die/get hurt in a car crash on your way home every day. Every successful person I know is lucky in at least those kinds of ways. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Eh, most people are pretty lucky in a sense and just don’t like to admit it for whatever reason. You’re lucky to be born healthy or to not have any major illness or to not die/get hurt in a car crash on your way home every day. Every successful person I know is lucky in at least those kinds of ways. 

While true, I know unsuccessful people that have had the exact same luck.

Edited by 927 E. 41st

23 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm a white male so absolutely I've been lucky. Just by the virtue of when I was born, who my parents were and where I lived I was afforded far more opportunities than 90% of the world. I've never had to worry about where my next meal was going to come from, where I would sleep or if a fucking tiger was going to maul me to death. And I was blessed with somewhat higher than average intelligence so I've never really had to work a day in my life and here I am posting on this wonderous message board about Texas football and how it will impact the enjoyment of my life. I do sometimes wonder what I could have accomplished had my parents owned an emerald mine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1