This months Trial of the Century Depp v Heard

Moby Ric

25 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Looks like Amber’s sister knows Johnny is telling the truth and feeling very guilty about not speaking up supporting him.

They’ve taken a sledgehammer to Heard’s counterclaim and her credibility. Whether that carries any real weight with the jury remains to be seen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

They’ve taken a sledgehammer to Heard’s counterclaim and her credibility. Whether that carries any real weight with the jury remains to be seen. 

You think they have torched her credibility now….

If the TMZ guy gets on the stand and says AH or her team gave them the video it will be ugly 

And then we still have the specter of the meta data expert regarding the doctored photos submitted to evidence.

AH looks bad right now, but it can get a whole lot worse.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If the TMZ guy gets on the stand and says AH or her team gave them the video it will be ugly 

And then we still have the specter of the meta data expert regarding the doctored photos submitted to evidence.

Netflix Reality GIF by The Circle Netflix (US)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

TMZ kept arguing “journalist privilege” protected by the First Amendment to stop the witness who purchased the video from revealing sources. But TMZ’s arguments are invalid because the witness/ex-TMZ employee WANTS to testify and is not being forced to testify and not asserting journalistic privilege to prevent them from revealing sources.

Judge said that even if the testimony violates NDA agreements between TMZ and witness, it’s a separate issue not relevant to the case. 

But let’s see how much of this testimony will be objected to by hearsay. I want to hear how this video leak to TMZ went down. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrBig said:

TMZ kept arguing “journalist privilege” protected by the First Amendment to stop the witness who purchased the video from revealing sources. But TMZ’s arguments are invalid because the witness/ex-TMZ employee WANTS to testify and is not being forced to testify and not asserting journalistic privilege to prevent them from revealing sources.

Judge said that even if the testimony violates NDA agreements between TMZ and witness, it’s a separate issue not relevant to the case. 

But let’s see how much of this testimony will be objected to by hearsay. I want to hear how this video leak to TMZ went down. 

What hurts AH more.. TMZ saying her team leaked the video and informed them when the TRO was going to happen or showing that her team put in doctored photos into evidence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

What hurts AH more.. TMZ saying her team leaked the video and informed them when the TRO was going to happen or showing that her team put in doctored photos into evidence.

From a legal perspective, I think proving the abuse photos were doctored would be a bigger deal. Using something as basic as metadata to prove the photos are identical shows Amber’s legal team didn’t undertake due diligence in assessing the evidence properly. It leads the jury to believe Amber’s legal team based a large part of their case on faulty evidence. This in conjunction with Amber saying the JD pic with a black eye is a “photoshop” will raise concern.

However, the photo doctoring may not be very clear to the jury. The revelation of a confirmed TMZ leak directly by a reporter from Amber could sway the jury much more. If the TMZ witness confirms a source close to Amber sold the tape to them, it would would confirm Amber’s behavior discussing the “slip up” during her deposition where she accidentally said TMZ was notified of the leak. She was visibly rattled after saying that comment after being pretty consistent with much of her other statements.

If the jurors are over 35+, I think the notion of leaking info to TMZ is much more clearer and compelling than showing how photoshop can manipulate images of an identical photo. 

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Seems like Depp got dinged a little on cross and also it looks like Depps team totally missed the fact that the ugly texts about "Molly" was incoming to Depp in a large group text and not a outgoing by Depp...

I'm always shocked at how little lawyers know about how text & social media works. Calling it "The Twitters" makes you look like a moron.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

What's happening? I can't watch...just follow along a bit on twitter...how is she busted (other than her va jay jay being busted up like a broken pinata?)

Norbert is going through how none of the photos that are being used to show "injuries" have all been ran through a photo editing software...

What's happening? I can't watch...just follow along a bit on twitter...how is she busted (other than her va jay jay being busted up like a broken pinata?)

Hard to say. The photographs were "altered", but they aren't allowing him to talk about metadata. Cross will probably say "but doesn't that change when you email a picture?"

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Hard to say. The photographs were "altered", but they aren't allowing him to talk about metadata. Cross will probably say "but doesn't that change when you email a picture?"

It seems like they are not letting him talk about what has been changed, only that they have been ran though a photo editing software. Not really letting him get into the details probably due to a prior ruling.

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

It seems like they are not letting him talk about what has been changed, only that they have been ran though a photo editing software. Not really letting him get into the details probably due to a prior ruling.

Weird. I guess since he's a rebuttal witness, the rules are different.

I'm so confused right now (which is typical.) BUT rebuttal witnesses cannot testify outside of the scope...Like Kate Moss couldn't talk about her whole relationship with John. Just that he never pushed her down the stairs which is what Amber said on the stand. Her excuse for hitting Depp in front of her sister on the stairs. That Amber thought he was going to push her sister down the stairs like he did Kate. 

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Once Norbert is off the stand, wonder if Depp’s team makes a motion to strike the applicable photos or just leave it alone to let the jury to chew on during their deliberations.

No idea on this one. If the motion is denied that might give them more credibility. No need for the Judge to deny the motion and say the jury is allowed to consider whether or not they were doctored. I'd just let the jury mull that over. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

No idea on this one. If the motion is denied that might give them more credibility. No need for the Judge to deny the motion and say the jury is allowed to consider whether or not they were doctored. I'd just let the jury mull that over. 

The judge won't rule on a motion in front of the jury.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The judge won't rule on a motion in front of the jury.

True...but I'd just leave it be. Of course they will probably do the opposite as his team likes to cover all their bases so to speak for appeal. Just in case. Looking more and more like both suits might be cancelled out...there is not enough to say he "ruined" her career. Just that she can't act. That Marks guy said as much...if she were the next hot thing she'd have had producers signing her to anything and everything. Was not the case. 

You think? There doesn't appear to be any evidence that Depp abused Heard. 

I haven't seen any...in fact, I have seen more evidence that it was all manufactured by Heard. But you never know what a jury will think. I am hoping they think she is full of shit and made all of this up to get a nice settlement and to help her career...but you never know. 

I haven't seen any...in fact, I have seen more evidence that it was all manufactured by Heard. But you never know what a jury will think. I am hoping they think she is full of shit and made all of this up to get a nice settlement and to help her career...but you never know. 

She's destroyed her career, regardless. And Depp has probably rehabilitated his. I guess that's why he's doing this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

She's destroyed her career, regardless. And Depp has probably rehabilitated his. I guess that's why he's doing this.

Yes. Flappy Fish Market has indeed tanked her career. He has definitely rehabilitated his career. It might not matter to most if he's insurable. he has made Hollywood at least a billion plus. They will take that chance because they need people to pay to watch him in the movies. I think its worked out nicely for him. So ya...

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Looking more and more like both suits might be cancelled out...there is not enough to say he "ruined" her career. Just that she can't act. 

I’m still under the impression that if there’s no judgment for either party, JD still has to pay her legal fees too? If I were AH’s legal team I would be hoping to lose so I can get paid. 

41 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m still under the impression that if there’s no judgment for either party, JD still has to pay her legal fees too? If I were AH’s legal team I would be hoping to lose so I can get paid. 

No.  Heard has likely already sought an anti-SLAPP dismissal which would have been her best vehicle to collect legal fees.

You rarely pay the other parties legal fees in the US, especially when they make it to trial.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Once Norbert is off the stand, wonder if Depp’s team makes a motion to strike the applicable photos or just leave it alone to let the jury to chew on during their deliberations.

They're going let the jury chew on her busted va jay jay? I've got to stop getting out of jury duty.