This months Trial of the Century Depp v Heard

Moby Ric

7 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So does AH get further cut out of Aquaman 2 footage?

Does she get cut completely and scenes get re-shot?

How can they keep her in with the negative publicity this is going to attach to her?

Not sure she ever recovers from Amber Turd. Every movie - unless she's nekkid - the only thing people will see is her taking a shit in the bed ... in her own bed ... on purpose.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Not sure she ever recovers from Amber Turd. Every movie - unless she's nekkid - the only thing people will see is her taking a shit in the bed ... in her own bed ... on purpose.

Onlyscatfans.com 

@NowThis has already signed up!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Let me guess, it'll be a weird character that he portrays very weirdly and over the top. I never understood his appeal. I still maintain his Willy Wonka was a crime against humanity.

What are you dissing pirates now?

3 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

How many new movie scripts does JD get sent this evening?

I wonder if Pirates 6 has already been sitting on his agents desk since last week with them begging him to sign it now that the verdict came out

Edited by Laxtonto

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

This is sarcasm, right? The claims here vs. in the UK are quite a bit different when you break them down, and from what I understand, the laws are very different as well. And there isn't "strong" evidence that he assaulted her a dozen times, there's not even "good" evidence that he physically/sexually assaulted her a single time.

I say that as someone who watched most of the trial as I do all high profile cases. They're like CLEs for me. I enjoy watching and potentially learning from attorneys practicing at the highest levels.

The main difference in the libelslander laws of the UK and the US is that the UK has no First Amendment, therefore there is no public figure doctrine that requires proof of intentionality and malice by the defendant.

The UK trial was a bench trial, apparently without extensive cross-examination, and the judge was credulous of the assault allegations.  It's pretty much that simple. https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/depp-v-news-group-newspapers-ltd/

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The jury's finding of malice, but also finding that Depp's lawyer defamed Heard by alleging a hoax, makes zero sense. 

Speculation I heard was there was a holdout on the jury and the $2M back to Heard was a bone the rest threw to get them on board with the decision. Agree though.

35 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Speculation I heard was there was a holdout on the jury and the $2M back to Heard was a bone the rest threw to get them on board with the decision. Agree though.

The counterclaim they awarded was the one that the penthouse event was staged after the first group of cops went through it.  It's possible that Johnny wasn't an abuser, and that Amber didn't stage the event.

21 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Y'all want to see the reaction to this from Bizarro-World? 

Read and doubt your sanity:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deuxmoi/comments/v2f3pt/deppheard_trial_jury_verdict_watch_wednesday_june

I hope the jury never knows peace.

This is something someone actually posted, and it has something over 1000 upvotes

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m glad the jury mostly saw through her narcissistic borderline personality act…good for them . And I’m glad she was exposed on the stand for who she is because it’s a victory for anyone involved with or that used to be involved with romantically with these types of people. These types can really do a tremendous amount of harm to you and more likely than not are believed by others bc of the way they are wired. 

Dated a chick diagnosed with BPD once. Never again. *I remember having one of my college psych professors asked what was the hardest personality disorders to treat & he immediately responded:"borderline personality disorder". Basically said it was almost untreatable.

Edited by Caponata
  • Hook 'Em 3