Austin FC

Bottlecap

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Alter reps my district -- she doesn't make me want to vomit.  She's at least legitimately thoughtful.

Pool is unbelievable.  She's not even pretending to give a shit what her constituents want.  She's also seemingly dumb as a box of hammers.

Yeah apparently Pool wouldn't even visit neighborhood groups in her own district, but went to Columbus to hear their concerns ... no doubt on someone else's dime. Hmmm...who might that be?

And Alter now is pushing her amendment to more than double the rent PSV pays after building the stadium.

I think the Council is pretty much wrapped up, 6-5 in favor, maybe 6-4 (7-4? don't know if Adler votes in the absence of a tie).

BUT, we still pushed back on PSV regarding a couple of changes, correct?  They could still refuse or submit alternate language.

I still hate Austin politics.  It's been fucked since I got here in 1982.  Just the most inept, silly, small-minded bunch of individuals, year after year.

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think the Council is pretty much wrapped up, 6-5 in favor, maybe 6-4 (7-4? don't know if Adler votes in the absence of a tie).

BUT, we still pushed back on PSV regarding a couple of changes, correct?  They could still refuse or submit alternate language.

I still hate Austin politics.  It's been fucked since I got here in 1982.  Just the most inept, silly, small-minded bunch of individuals, year after year.

Yep, yep, yep. I got back here after HS in 1983. Nothing's changed in all that time. It's always been a shitshow.

24 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep, yep, yep. I got back here after HS in 1983. Nothing's changed in all that time. It's always been a shitshow.

Problem is, even with the new council set-up, the NIMBYs will almost always win. As long as the development is in East Austin or where the poor live, they don't give a shit as they see their property value skyrocket. 

I don't mind Troxclair's argument that we should look at the financial implications of taking the PSV deal over others.  The problem is that it should have been done long ago.  The moment PSV broached the idea, there should have been a strong project plan put in place that asked "where", "why", and "what alternatives?".  

I also don't trust her numbers one bit. 

I also don't think the decision should be made on $ alone.  I'm a recent convert to soccer, as my teenage son has moved up pretty far in 10 years, but the fact is Austin has shat all over our minority population for decades, and this is not only an opportunity to further the Austin brand nationally, but actually enable more kids to play the game in numbers reflective of our demographics, instead of mostly travelling to Cedar Park, Killeen, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Dripping Springs, Westlake, etc.  It's a city of over 1M people many of whom are fanatics about the game -- do something for them, for once.

Whatever, rant over, too little too late.

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't mind Troxclair's argument that we should look at the financial implications of taking the PSV deal over others.  The problem is that it should have been done long ago.  The moment PSV broached the idea, there should have been a strong project plan put in place that asked "where", "why", and "what alternatives?".  

I also don't trust her numbers one bit. 

I also don't think the decision should be made on $ alone.  I'm a recent convert to soccer, as my teenage son has moved up pretty far in 10 years, but the fact is Austin has shat all over our minority population for decades, and this is not only an opportunity to further the Austin brand nationally, but actually enable more kids to play the game in numbers reflective of our demographics, instead of mostly travelling to Cedar Park, Killeen, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Dripping Springs, Westlake, etc.  It's a city of over 1M people many of whom are fanatics about the game -- do something for them, for once.

Whatever, rant over, too little too late.

Exactly. She and the rest have had months to go over these costs & benefits. She knows all that though, and has probably been over it. She's just going to keep saying this ad infinitum just to keep stalling. 

tl;dr: she's full of shit imho.

Edited by wood

22 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Gotta mitigate. Such a pointless discussion.

Agree. Pointless to say it has to abide by city state and federal laws because everything has to abide by the law. If they amended deal to comply with Klingon and Dothraqi law then I would get it. 

19 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Agree. Pointless to say it has to abide by city state and federal laws because everything has to abide by the law. If they amended deal to comply with Klingon and Dothraqi law then I would get it. 

Well, theoretically...

So I got curious about Leslie Pool's "Rosedale" residence and District 7.  Here's the District 7 map (in black, not the blue overlay).  I marked her house in red.  At the bottom.  As in, less than half a block from being out of District 7.  

I'm not saying gerrymandering, but Jesus:

Leslie_Pool_house.jpg

Pool is going to look like a hero to a minority that will probably the the key voting constituency in her district.

As an aside, my hood has has to work with Alter about a streets issue.  The president of the HoA told me candidly she is the least intelligent public servant he has ever dealt with.   Stated she is a single issue candidate that is in way WAY over her head.

19 minutes ago, wood said:

Welp. That's it. 7-4 in favor. It's over. 

Amendment to delete "and execute" so that it would still have to come back to the council again.

thanks for the running commentary.  i was in a lunch mtg and couldn't monitor it discretely.