Austin FC

Bottlecap

28 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Rangers Austin FC

just a reminder....

Ohio AG Mike DeWine @OhioAG 2h2 hours ago

Precourt Sports Ventures and @MLS still have an obligation under Ohio law to provide notice and a reasonable opportunity for local investors to purchase the rights to keep the Crew in Columbus. Our lawsuit will continue.

crossed-fingers.jpg

55 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Rangers Austin FC

just a reminder....

Ohio AG Mike DeWine @OhioAG 2h2 hours ago

Precourt Sports Ventures and @MLS still have an obligation under Ohio law to provide notice and a reasonable opportunity for local investors to purchase the rights to keep the Crew in Columbus. Our lawsuit will continue.

I suspect that even IF that hurdle is cleared at some point, there are still plenty of ways this whole thing can go sideways and not happen... and I know I'm not alone in that.

So yeah, whatevs, Ohio can do their thing... still plenty of ways for this thing to tank.

Edited by KaiserSoze

1 hour ago, KaiserSoze said:

I suspect that even IF that hurdle is cleared at some point, there are still plenty of ways this whole thing can go sideways and not happen... and I know I'm not alone in that.

So yeah, whatevs, Ohio can do their thing... still plenty of ways for this thing to tank.

From what I've read from garber, there's wiggle room for austin to get an expansion. If crew stay in ohio, i think Austin gets the last expansion slot.

And I'm all in on Waterloo FC, but its too rad to happen.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

From what I've read from garber, there's wiggle room for austin to get an expansion. If crew stay in ohio, i think Austin gets the last expansion slot.

This would get a jump on reverting back to the city's original name.

Miami's team will be such a dud if it ever even happens.

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

okay, switching my vote.  team bottlecap.

Waterloo FC

too cool for skool.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

why?  they will end up at house park for the first 2 years with massive demand and then there will be a hipster moment where supporting the club will be gauche when they move to the domain.  it will be glorious.

do you think they can rival the rampant support the aztex generated at house park?

8 hours ago, futureman said:

do you think they can rival the rampant support the aztex generated at house park?

Surely they won't be able to top the paltry RR Express attendance of over 8,000 fans per night.  No way this town supports any pro sports.  Never happened, never will.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Surely they won't be able to top the paltry RR Express attendance of over 8,000 fans per night.  No way this town supports any pro sports.  Never happened, never will.

16 teams in the PCL

Round Rock rank in attendance:

2018 1st

2017 2nd

2016 1st

2015 2nd

2014 2nd

2013 2nd

2012 1st

2011 1st

2010 2nd

2009 2nd

2008 2nd

2007 2nd

2006 3rd

2005 3rd

Good thing the opportunity came when it did. MLS would be dead if Laura Morrison was mayor. She’s going to use this deal in her campaign. She was Leslie Pool’s role model on council and talked about that bond a lot during her opening remarks in 2014