Austin FC

Bottlecap

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wouldn't be MLS if some shitass defender didn't almost head the ball in his own net.

Can we sign some real players for our end of the pitch?

Boneheaded play, but for the most part Austin FC has been energized and smart.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Boneheaded play, but for the most part Austin FC has been energized and smart.

Yeah they've been good. Just commenting on some of the individual quality we're running out there. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah they've been good. Just commenting on some of the individual quality we're running out there. 

Reminded me of some of the plays in NASA before my kid moved up the ranks.  I should have just printed a sign that said "wtf are you doing?"

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Reminded me of some of the plays in NASA before my kid moved up the ranks.  I should have just printed a sign that said "wtf are you doing?"

It literally looked like he was trying to score.

Was a good save from Stu.

And y'all wanted to fire Jorsh.

Last night was the first game where AFC played like the better team pretty much the whole match. No big groaner mistakes or stupid lapses, just pretty sound football. That was the turn I’ve been looking for. Wins are great, but the last few have been because they were lucky. This one was because they were good.

Rubio and Obrian have been crucial adds.  They haven't been ruined by Wolff Ball and just press down field dragging everyone else with them.  It's done wonders for the team as a whole.  We only pass back to Stuver without reason maybe 3-5 times a game now instead of every possession. It's amazing how more productive your offense is when you don't allow the defense time to find its shape.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This week will be tough.  If we take 3-4 points in next two, lucky or not, that will be huge heading into next home game.  

Beating Vancouver might put us in top 3 after this weekend amazingly (recognizing a few teams have a game in hand)   

If we can hover in this 5-7 range and make playoffs this year I will be thrilled.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/5/2024 at 8:18 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Happy with a point on the road against a top 3 team.  

Nearly zero offense - much like some of the earlier losses and draws.  Pleased that they have a fairly strong defense. 

Yeah, Cascante catches hell but he’s a well above average MLS defender (all relative), particularly given what he adds on set pieces.  Getting Kolmanic back is great.   

More Fodrey please.   And let’s beat Dallas (again).